What's new

Smoking Free Life!!!!

Did you know that 4% of people in the world are allergic to the PG in e-liquid? Salted caramel, Jamaican run or the classic apple and cinnamon? Choosing your e-liquid flavour may be one of the most exciting things about vaping. But it’s the make-up of your e-juice that actually makes the biggest difference. And with some vapers reporting having allergic reactions to their vaping juices, choosing the e-liquid with the right composition is crucial to a safe and pleasant vaping experience.

Probably good form to provide links to research papers on that "4% of people in the world are allergic to the PG in e-liquid" statement.
Not doubting for one min some people have an intolerance or allergy to PG, I would just like to see where you pulled that stat from.
Cheers

Probably good form to provide links to research papers on that "4% of people in the world are allergic to the PG in e-liquid" statement.
Not doubting for one min some people have an intolerance or allergy to PG, I would just like to see where you pulled that stat from.
Cheers
POTV

Did you know that 4% of people in the world are allergic to the PG in e-liquid? Salted caramel, Jamaican run or the classic apple and cinnamon? Choosing your e-liquid flavour may be one of the most exciting things about vaping. But it’s the make-up of your e-juice that actually makes the biggest difference. And with some vapers reporting having allergic reactions to their vaping juices, choosing the e-liquid with the right composition is crucial to a safe and pleasant vaping experience.
I know little about the PG part other than some people, a small percentage, do say it doesnt agree with them.
But I am one who does need to choose my diy concentrates carefully as some definitely dont agree with me.
Welcome by the way.
Where are you from Vikram?

Its in the beginners bit of POTV

"According to statistics, about 4% of people in the world will experience an allergic reaction with an e-liquid containing PG", although that itself doesn't say where that stat comes from.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/guides/beginners/are-you-allergic-to-pg-e-liquids.html
Article provided by Hangsen International.
"HANGSEN is Asia's top e-liquid and e-cigarette manufacturer."

Marvelous :)

No references to studies.

I do have a bad reaction to pg and other components in ejuice. That is my interest in the topic.

Article provided by Hangsen International.
"HANGSEN is Asia's top e-liquid and e-cigarette manufacturer."

Marvelous :)

No references to studies.

I do have a bad reaction to pg and other components in ejuice. That is my interest in the topic.

This thread seems to be on a little wobble and can't put my finger on why so I'm probably way off the mark with my response but here goes anyway.

It's pretty common knowledge that PG is an irritant and some people will suffer an allergic reaction to it.
Its been used in various guises for decades and there have been multiple studdies carried out on its uses and it's affects on animals and people.
I'm not sure the article needs to provide details on specifics as there is already a wealth of information out there from long before it's use in vaping and long before vaping became a thing.
There has even been extensive studdies/experiments done on exposure to propylene glycol on monkeys and the results are available on the internet for anyone to read.

It looks like the article was taken from Hangsen at some point and posted on here by the forums creator Occultscientist.

Heres a little information on PG.

https://contemporaryclinic.pharmacytimes.com/acute-care/and-the-allergen-winner-is-propylene-glycol

Second, manufacturers have used PG more and more over the years, and it is present in an extremely large number of products (in 2012 it was listed in 5676 products and ACDS estimates it is a component of approximately 38% of products ). At the present time, dermatologists estimate that PG allergy ranges from 0.8% to 3.5%, but it is much more likely to cause allergy when it's in aqueous solution. In that case, allergy rates range from 10% to 30%.

Back
Top Bottom