What's new

Smok Alien firmware problem

bigballs5

Hi Guys, Im not sure where to post this so I hope this is the correct place..

I have had my Smok alien for a couple of months, but I had a problem with it all of a sudden every now and then saying Atomiser short etc. The was nothing wrong with the coils at all so I just put up with it..
I checked to see if there was any firmware update I could put on and therte was...

I was on VB1.0.2

So I popped on the update VB1.0.3.

Now my mod powers its self off and every 5 seconds it displays SMOK VB1.0.3 and the off again.
I can get it on to vape but it turns its self off one the display goes off.

I have tried flash it again with no luck... I even put the old firmwasre on it and it is still doing the same thing.. Any ideas?

the firmware has bricked more mods over the last few months.
as ive always said if it aint broke dont try to fix it but as you had issues then the firmware was the obvious option to take.

so how did you update it. there are two versions out there and theres a warning about the wrong one causing more problems than good.
did you remove the batteries and keep the fire button pressed in for the whole update process.
if not then theres your issue.
http://www.smoktech.com/support/upgrade/toolsandfirmware

as ive always said if it aint broke dont try to fix it but as you had issues then the firmware was the obvious option to take.

so how did you update it. there are two versions out there and theres a warning about the wrong one causing more problems than good.
did you remove the batteries and keep the fire button pressed in for the whole update process.

Hi.. I updated as in the instructions in the above link. There is a section reffering to the mod turning its self on and off if you dont do it correctly. I have pasted it below.

"7.Click setting,unmark the WATCHDOG,click “OK”(This step is VERY IMPORTANT,if not unmark the watchdog,the mod will turn on and off by itself),Please mind that the Config1 data should be 0x0001400,you can correct the data by Setting-data flash size-adjust it to 42.00K.click "OK"

I am sure I did it as per the instructions.

sorry to say i have no idea then mate. did you buy it locally or contact the supplier where you bought from.

I've noticed it's always the B versions as well for some reason

Open NuvoISP hit contine, hold down the fire button and plug the usb in
click connect, uncheck everything except "erase all" and press start
then uncheck everything except "config" then press settings and change "clock source" to internal, "brown out" to 2.5v and uncheck watchdog then press ok and press start
click APROM and load the firmware uncheck everything except "APROM" and hit start again once its complete disconnect and unplug usb

if you're using windows 10 it will disconnect if it thinks you're not flashing so you need to be quick setting the options under settings menu

Thank you everyone. It's working again on VB1.0.3. I'm so happy... cheers
good to hear.
can you post up what you done for other members with the same issue as i can see this not being the last one to go tits up.

Back
Top Bottom