What's new

shopping list

From what I remember Billsthorpe was quite near Robin Hood country a few miles down the road from Sherwood Forest. I think it was one of the bigger villages because of all the miners but it was a really lovely little place and I got the chance to actually go down the mine which was an unforgetable experience.
did you get to ride on a conveyor belt

From what I remember Billsthorpe was quite near Robin Hood country a few miles down the road from Sherwood Forest. I think it was one of the bigger villages because of all the miners but it was a really lovely little place and I got the chance to actually go down the mine which was an unforgetable experience.
Yeah it's right near Sherwood Forest and not too far from the Major Oak. Though I suspect most people know Sherwood Forest these days from the Centre Parks that is just off the Donny Road. I grew up very near 2 mines in Nottinghamshire but never got to go down one. That does sound like it would have been quite the experience!

did you get to ride on a conveyor belt
Yeah it's right near Sherwood Forest and not too far from the Major Oak. Though I suspect most people know Sherwood Forest these days from the Centre Parks that is just off the Donny Road. I grew up very near 2 mines in Nottinghamshire but never got to go down one. That does sound like it would have been quite the experience!

Actually I was quite lucky because as well as Billsthorpe we also had a school trip down Corby pit and yes we did get to ride along the tracks a little way. I also went to the old slate mine in Snowdonia and saw the museum which showed how they used to work in the 19th century so that's definitely worth a visit if you ever get a chance to go.

Talking of pits, if any of you is ever near Cardiff, there’s a pit you can go down. It’s called big pit. Free to get in (donations asked for), but you pay for parking. Great experience if any of you get the chance.

All of you that found a trusty and reliable local shop, you are lucky.
I´ve tried like...6 - 7 shops and never went back. They tried to sell me shitty stuff, expired eliquids, eliquids that nobody wants, etc. Because they think you have no idea and they try to take advantage from that.
I´ve had the situatiton in that you purchase something and ask "how much is this?" and the guy just gave a random price. "Can I have a receipt, please?"... and the guy didnt even had the item in the POS system, so the receipt says "1 x Vape ---- XX.XX €"
...or asking for a specific tank and they trying to sell me a 4 year old shit tank. (and trying to convince me that the one he offers is better)

A question of luck I guess, but in general I think they are all a bunch of pricks. Im referring to the ones I know only. I assume not all shops and tenders must not be necessarily bad.

So since a while, Im using some big internet shops that operates at country level and they always have almost all I need, mainly base and concentrates. For coilheads, tanks and devices, sorry, but no one can compete with china prices. Here in spain 1 x spare coilhead costs the same than a 5 x pack in china.

There's a couple of lads who I occasionally see in the ViP shop on Deansgate, Manchester. I sometimes pop in for a natter and a browse. They're both into RBA's, but the store doesn't tend to cater for that. None do around here, strangely. There's a gaff on Newton Street, near Piccadilly. Bloke in there's sound, but I rarely go up that way. Decent set up.

Back
Top Bottom