What's new

Rubber band or no rubber band

inattheend

Initiate
about 4 days ago i dropped my vape tank with my bubble glass with the rubber band in the center about 60cm on to a rubber mat in my van and it smash
at the bottom of the glass it hit the rubber band first on my tank as it fall flat these thing happen. A week later same thing happen again i dropped my vape tank with my bubble glass but
no rubber band on it fall flat onto a laminate flooring about the same height 60 cm but did not smash i think the rubber band put pressure on the top and bottem of the glass smashing it.
so the question is rubber band or no rubber band so is it better not to use a rubber band.

I don't use them but if I did I wouldn't put them around the middle of the class, I'd use two, one at the top, half on the glass and half on the metal and the same at the bottom. I think that would be the best way to protect the glass.

I don't use them but if I did I wouldn't put them around the middle of the class, I'd use two, one at the top, half on the glass and half on the metal and the same at the bottom. I think that would be the best way to protect the glass.
Thanks for your reply i will not use again

i dont use em i think they are ugly things i feel if your glass is going to break after a fall it will with or without a band anyway it all depends on what part of the tank hits the ground first the part with the band or the bare glass.......

i dont use em i think they are ugly things i feel if your glass is going to break after a fall it will with or without a band anyway it all depends on what part of the tank hits the ground first the part with the band or the bare glass.......
Ok thanks

I don't use them on 22mm tanks but I do on 24/25mm tanks.

I dropped mod and tank landing onto the drip tip once and the glass smashed. I reckon bands are more for moral support than anything else. Having bubble shaped glass is asking for trouble though

Never used a band. Don't remember breaking a tank in almost 3 years. That will be the kiss of death now.

But seriously. If your tank sits flush on the mod, matches it's width or less then if it's knocked over the glass will rarely make any contact, if the surface is flat like a table. Dropping it's a different story. But on flat surfaces without one and on a matching sized mod your better off, the band will create a contact point. Then it will likely add to the possibility of it braking.
I did used to use them but when I thought about the above I stopped. I still like that song though! :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom