What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rose v3 by eden mods

What size roughly, only got 26g in SS but plenty of thicker kanthal - sure ive seen 24 or 26g mentioned somewhere.

I've always thought Kanthal to be springier than Stainless. Either way, try tempering it. Heat it until it glows, then plunge into cold water. Should make it springier...

@domejunky. You may be right, my tool for measuring the boingability of relative metals is a poor Chinese clone and therefore can't be trusted for accuracy but was cheap which is the main thing.

@domejunky. You may be right, my tool for measuring the boingability of relative metals is a poor Chinese clone and therefore can't be trusted for accuracy but was cheap which is the main thing.
Boingability - great word. Are we talking about Young's Modulus? Long time since I did any Physics...

Hi all,

New to the forum but not to vaping. Have made my way through various shiny things and have just acquired the rather lovely Rose 3 (TPD, but plus the maxi kit), and am hoping for a bit of advice.

The first build was pretty standard, with a straight wick (the type I've used for about a year in a Squape RS) but I opened the juice flow far too much and immediately flooded the thing. Took it completely apart, cleaned it, rebuilt it but this time with an S wick, thinking it might counter the flow if opened too much again. Buggered that one up too, think I must have twisted the deck when I put it back together so the cotton wasn't in front of the holes... Opened the juice flow up and watched an entire tank immediately drain through the air holes all over my dicodes box. Sigh.

I'm on my third build now - which is the first successful one. 28awg kanthal, 3mm ID, 6 wraps, coming out about 1.4ohms. Straight wick, cut flush to the chimney thread. Tweaked the juice flow and airflow until just right.... And boom. Amazing flavour, creamy airflow. Love this thing. I'll keep this going for a couple of tanks then try to tweak and improve. I'm a happy tinkerer.

My question is about what you all do with the Rose when you've put it to bed. Do you close the juice control off completely when you're not vaping? My only experience of an atomiser with juice control like this was the KF4, and I bloody hated it. It was so temperamental - one slight nudge or something wrong and it'd leak all over the place. It ended up chewing up the threading on the airflow ring, and I ceremoniously hurled it off the top of a mountain (literally). So I'm naturally a bit cautious of complicated devices like this now. While the Rose beats out the Squape on vaping quality, the Squape only has a few parts and has been utterly reliable.

I'm keen to make sure I don't jade my own experience of the Rose by doing something I should be like closing off the juice control!

Any tips greatly appreciated.

J.

Weirdly I found the rose v3 probably one for the easiest tanks to build and live with....Here's my build....in fact the only build I used

20170321_151853.jpg

And i closed of the juice control when I didn't use it....I never even got a weeping from it when in use at all....brilliant brilliant tank

I never close off the juice control on mine unless filling it. It very rarely leaks for me. I just use a spaced NiFe30 coils, 0.3mm ID, straight cut wick across to the juice holes. Got to keep the wick just inside the holes so that it doesn't get caught in the airflow and spin around when you open and shut it, that is the only time I have had dry hits or leaks from it, when the wick gets nudged. Can usually fill without closing the juice flow off too but been caught out once or twice too often so now I just close it off to fill every time.

Glad you got yours sorted in the end - when you have it working the flavour is superb IMO :)

Can anyone suggest the leg length to use with the coily tool? Just got an eden 3 today.

Back
Top Bottom