What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Quiet times

Ah weirdly when I quote it I can click the image. Nice bit of wood!

Also do the mods have to have dna boards if building small? Is there a decent smaller board you could use?

The yihi is a nice board or I could use a clickfet (which people don’t like it seems) or its the dna 60 which in my mind is a black and white thing although some swear by them I find them flighty

The elephant in the room people, the elephant in the room!
images (42).jpg

images (41).jpg

The elephant is?
Pod's, its the Pod invasion. They are everywhere!
tenor (3).gif

Blame the Pods!

The yihi is a nice board or I could use a clickfet (which people don’t like it seems) or its the dna 60 which in my mind is a black and white thing although some swear by them I find them flighty
Ah ok. I’m pretty ignorant to the boards and for me personally as long as it works and shows my battery, wattage and ohms I’m happy. As I’m mostly a billet user I hardly ever see the screen

View attachment 193973
View attachment 193971
The elephant is?
View attachment 193975
Blame the Pods!

Thanks @Tazz

Put I like this I’m leaning on my life savings as I type this, my millers I paid out thousands for when you see something come on the market that’s not hand made and threatens the small modmakers out there you have a tendency to want shoot the elephant

View attachment 193973
View attachment 193971
The elephant is?
View attachment 193975
Blame the Pods!

Exactly this.

Pods are the current fashion but that will swing onto something else again soon enough.

Vaping is strange as it does seem to jump from trend to trend. Squonking was the done thing for a while, now the squonk market is dead. 18350s had a brief revival before dying off again. Give it a few months, something else will be the 'must be seen vaping on' kit.

Every area of vaping seems to be alittle quiet recently though @vapesmarter including liquids. Hoping it picks up again soon or we will all lose alot of quality mod makers and liquid brands.

The industry is doing what it always inevitably does. We have recently seen the 18350 Tsunami "begin" to recede and people's attentions are turning back to other styles. The Regulated and Mech Mod scene is coming back gently, people are still purchasing Squonkers, despite what we were all being told, but that market has slowed too, which was inevitable.
The secondhand market is recovering slowly, especially within the niche market and there are occasional bargains to be had, which is where my attentions have been concentrated of late.
The Makers that I speak to on a regular basis seem content enough as "quieter" spells always ebb and flow which in a few cases has allowed time to further develop ideas that had been on the back burner due to pressure of work prior to recent times.
I believe that the Pod Systems and Nic Salt revolution has also levelled out now? I am aware that the Land of The Rising Yen (sic) or should I say The Far East... still flood the market with Pods and people do buy them, but mainly as an addition to their arsenal for specific occasions when a normal system would not be as appropriate.

I agree that the Billet Box scene is vibrant at the moment and more Makers are now turning their attentions to the after market sector, Panels, Buttons, Drip Tips etc but again, I am detecting a "slight" slow down on the purchasing of the Mods themselves. The secondhand market is incredible at the moment, but, prices are beginning to drop.

Vapeing, like many other hobbies, interests, call them what you will, attracts many different attitudes towards acquiring gear, It seems to me that the Billet Box phenomenon has been the perfect example of this as they lend themselves to infinite possibilities for personalisation and customisation.
We are a strange breed us vapers :) and that is what makes the hobby as interesting as it"can" be. I completely understand the frustrations this can heap upon manufacturers and Hobby Builders, but nothing is ever straight forward in the artisan's world and that has always been the case.

It'll be interesting to see where we find ourselves in 12 months time.

Exactly this.

Pods are the current fashion but that will swing onto something else again soon enough.

Vaping is strange as it does seem to jump from trend to trend. Squonking was the done thing for a while, now the squonk market is dead. 18350s had a brief revival before dying off again. Give it a few months, something else will be the 'must be seen vaping on' kit.

Every area of vaping seems to be alittle quiet recently though @vapesmarter including liquids. Hoping it picks up again soon or we will all lose alot of quality mod makers and liquid brands.

True I agree but the stone has been cast the dye is set

I can’t do anything to compete with a pod yes I could make a panel to fit the pod but when the pod costs sub £30 pounds and breaks you just chuck it and get another I’m a purest

The waste involved in making shipping and not being able to recycle said pod is crazy

True I agree but the stone has been cast the dye is set

I can’t do anything to compete with a pod yes I could make a panel to fit the pod but when the pod costs sub £30 pounds and breaks you just chuck it and get another I’m a purest

The waste involved in making shipping and not being able to recycle said pod is crazy
I know each to their own but I’m baffled why people pay to upgrade a cheap plastic Chinese pod with panels that cost more than the device itself.

Stu, could you make your own mods with replaceable panels?

Thanks @Tazz

Put I like this I’m leaning on my life savings as I type this, my millers I paid out thousands for when you see something come on the market that’s not hand made and threatens the small modmakers out there you have a tendency to want shoot the elephant
Hope things pick up for you mate. Id like to dolly the pods, im sick and tired of hearing of new pod releases.

Back
Top Bottom