What's new

Poll: Default forum theme?

What should the default forum view be?

• Total voters
Ok, well that seems pretty decisive!
Thanks for all of your votes/comments. I think I will look to tidy up the light theme and make it more obvious where to change the colour scheme.

I like the idea of making the text a tiny bit larger too

Is this for mobile or desktop?

Mobile, I usually find most text slightly too big at default.

Desktop, I've only used the forum with a 'real' screen maybe three times (?) and didn't notice it looking too big, but wasn't paying too much attention.

Definately the Dark theme for me. I'm light sensitive (even with PC's light settings down low)...so i find reading light text on a black screen much more easier to read. Bright white screens often give me headaches after a while, if i'm on the laptop for any lenght of time.

But it also looks cooler to me anyway!

Last edited:
Not fussed really, I like it as is, but the option to change for those that prefer something different might be handy.

Only needs someone with a bit of HTML/CSS know how(and time) to bring the other theme inline with the current one and it works. I prefer the current theme mostly because it's finished and everything is built around it, the alternate one not so much. I prefer light themes, but option 2 here needs some love.

Been dark all along. Like it. Change it if you feel the need. Change is a funny thing, you get complaints at first then it becomes the norm. If it helps the take up and user benefits then make the change that makes more sense to the admin. I don't think you would lose a member by changing the theme. If the content is the same, colours and themes are a by product. Ive not read through why, but who are you appealing to

Where's the christmas bling? No festive feels at all, even vendor adds are same old. :D:D

Back
Top Bottom