What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Poll: Default forum theme?

What should the default forum view be?

• Total voters
I use a couple of forums that use the same base software, and on another I much prefer the white background.

Here though it seems that everything is optimised for the dark theme, and it looks better on it (the light theme seems oddly disjointed).

On a slightly different note, there are one or two functionality options I'd quite like here ;)

Dark please, but I'd like the font slightly larger. Not sure if thats me and my settings though (or should ctrl+)

I’ve had it on light since not long after I started posting. Seems most folk prefer the black, though. Personally I really dislike white text on a dark background. Hurts the eyes.

Dark for me please, probably an age thing but it feels easier on my eyes.

I vote for dark. Didn't know a light theme existed, I might try it. The option isn't very clear IMHO.

If anything, I'd request that the text contrast were a little bit lower. So not *quite* as white.

Edit: Tried light. It feels a bit random because the header and some other key elements are still dark. I think if a light theme were in line with the newsletter signup in the footer, it could look really nice though.

All that said, nuff respect to the webmasters here because the site has some great features, and is pretty clear / easy to use in general.

POTVLightThemeCapture.JPG

Last edited:
I use the dark theme, and much prefer it.
However as some others have said, still keep the option to switch to light for the people that prefer that, and make it easier to switch back, and forth.

How do you change tapatalk to dark theme?

And also cant vote as on app
In Tapatalk, you need to go into "Settings" and choose "Night Mode". It changes all the forums you follow, it's not forum specific.

When you load Tapatalk, click on the tab that looks like a head and shoulders (your account) and scroll down to find the settings button.

A few people have told me over the years that the dark theme isn't great for them so I'm looking for answers to the following question:

What should the default theme be?

• Light, white background with dark text
  • Dark, dark background with white text
Both are currently available although not many people know how to switch it and the light theme could use some work.

Please help me out by completing the poll
Really? Colour theme is the very first thing or question section that comes up on the list when I enter preferences. I dont care either way, its just a couple of clicks!

Back
Top Bottom