What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pods - Are they here to stay?

I amazing just how good they've become. I suspect by the end of the year we will be seeing some more universal coil sharing models and some larger sub ohm pods.
We have to remember we are the vaping minority. Most vapers want a device they charge, fill, vape and change the pod when the flavour goes off. Easy as that.

Aye, definitely a secondary device for me, one that’s used daily though. The pod requirements for me are fulfilled by the suorin air. The zeltu and minifit have been in the cupboard, the suorin beats them both for me. It stays in the pocket with 24mg tobacco mix in it, perfect for stealth puffing.

The wastage isn’t an issue for me either, using it a few times a day the replacement pods last months.

For being out and about they’re really good, I have a justfog and use high nic in it. It’s tiny & stealthy

To me, a lot of them are they're just an updated version of the 'cigalike'. They serve a purpose. The first ecig I bought was a throwaway jobbie that was designed to look like a cigarette. It was pretty crap, but I saw the potential.

Edit: To answer the original question, I think in 18 months 80% of them will be forgotten about and obsolete. The stand out ones will have a large chunk of the beginner market.

Last edited:
They are very much here to stay for me, in fact they are getting better and better, I started with an Aspire Breeze 2 which seemed perfect with the airflow almost closed and the best MTL vape I had tried with Nic Salts, then the Cobble beat that and use it every day so I ca vape indoors without huge clouds.
Then last week I got myself a Smok Nord, a game changer as the flavour was like going from standard coil to mesh.

If the evolution is going to carry on improving then I can see them being more popular and certainly not just for starter devices.

Vaping my sub ohm devices in public is a problem but now I only take my pods if I am going into the town centre plus I can have a sneaky vape in most indoor places.

The other big plus is their compact form, I usually have a couple on me and really are pocket friendly.

Seems I'm the odd one out - an odd bod pod sod mod

Is the Nord as good as they say mate?

To me, a lot of them are they're just an updated version of the 'cigalike'. They serve a purpose. The first ecig I bought was a throwaway jobbie that was designed to look like a cigarette. It was pretty crap, but I saw the potential.

They work a lot better than cigalikes though leni. At least the three I’ve been using. I’m sure there are probably some bumpers as well since the market is flooded.

Is the Nord as good as they say mate?
It's my favourite Pod so far, the flavour it produces really surprised me as I thought the Cobble was the best.

Also the best quality one I own, doing a review on it soon, spoiler alert: the only con I can come up with is it produces more vapour than the others so I have to take smaller draws when having a sneaky vape in shops etc.

Early days to comment on the coil life as I've only had it for 5 days.

They work a lot better than cigalikes though leni. At least the three I’ve been using. I’m sure there are probably some bumpers as well since the market is flooded.

Yep, I agree. I'm thinking of the Juul type devices - they may have a huge following, but they're fairly basic really. I'd have been made up with a Juul when I first switched, much better than a crappy ego/ce4 combo. That's what I meant by 'updated'. Pod systems like the Orion or Nautilus AIO are on a different level imo. Not for everyone, but who cares if it keeps someone off cigs?

Certainly a place in the market for them, i find it far easier just taking the pod out an about, and the bonus, No Leaks!
Switch straight back to squonking when home again. so it just serves a purpose for me.

I keep the Zeltu I won in one of your giveaways in the car. It's great for a quick toot without fogging the motor out but will never fully replace my countless mods and tanks. I also take it on planes with me and exhale into a hanky if I need a fix in the toilet.

Pods definitely have their place but I don't think they'll ever take over.
I've got this image of you Banjo at 30000 ft bashing away on your Zeltu with a tartan hankee in one hand and the airhostess shouting are you OK in there Mr Banjo, do you need a hand [emoji33] [emoji33]

Back
Top Bottom