What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pods - Are they here to stay?

There is a place for them in the market. I much prefer a stealthy mod and RTA set up personally.

Sums it up rather well for me too. :) I can see the appeal and mileage that Pods offer, but in my circumstances, they aren't something that I personally would get terribly over excited about.
That said........ Carol is considering one for the days when she is doing her RBL thing at Carnivals etc, her reasoning being that she's not going to get too het up if one went walkabout, whereas she'd be doing her pieces if someone lifted one of her BBs.

[emoji33] are you giving voopoo a reach around for #freeshit? The rota is shit [emoji23]
I disagree actually haha

It has decent flavour, battery life seems to perform and juice consumption is low despite the vapour production.

As for the spinner effect, i have an explanation for that, check out my review this weekend as to my theory :57:

Are they here to stay? - I think so. They are cheap, simple, non fussy, stealthy and deliver nicotine to those who need them - fulfilling, in most part, what people want. Most consumers of anything aren't interested in the hobby side of things. They just want things that work and require little or no effort. That has always been a winning formula.

Do I use them? No - they don't fulful my own personal needs.

What I don't like about them (aside from aesthetics -orion excluded) is the waste side of things. Chucking away a pod as opposed to a tiny coil and some cotton or even just a small stock coil. Its a silly wasteful approach in my eyes, especially in the current climate.

Now if they changed the pods to be a simple plug-in cartridge coil mechanism that didn't require the user to open the tank, get juice on fingers or fiddle around then id be far more interested. But then you're almost at a stock coil tank situation so why bother?

Sums it up rather well for me too. :) I can see the appeal and mileage that Pods offer, but in my circumstances, they aren't something that I personally would get terribly over excited about.
That said........ Carol is considering one for they days when she is doing her RBL thing at Carnivals etc, her reasoning being that she's not get too het up if one went walkabout, whereas she'd be doing her pieces if someone lifted one of her BBs.
That EXACTLY!! My BB's never leave the house!

Are they here to stay? - I think so. They are cheap, simple, non fussy, stealthy and deliver nicotine to those who need them - fulfilling, in most part, what people want. Most consumers of anything aren't interested in the hobby side of things. They just want things that work and require little or no effort. That has always been a winning formula.

Do I use them? No - they don't fulful my own personal needs.

What I don't like about them (aside from aesthetics -orion excluded) is the waste side of things. Chucking away a pod as opposed to a tiny coil and some cotton or even just a small stock coil. Its a silly wasteful approach in my eyes, especially in the current climate.

Now if they changed the pods to be a simple plug-in cartridge coil mechanism that didn't require the user to open the tank, get juice on fingers or fiddle around then id be far more interested. But then you're almost at a stock coil tank situation so why bother?

Actually the Aspire Breeze 2, Aspire Nautilus AIO and the smok nord use coils, the pods are reused.

Probably a secondary device to member's here, but I actually think they will be the main seller from here on in.

Probably a secondary device to member's here, but I actually think they will be the main seller from here on in.
I amazing just how good they've become. I suspect by the end of the year we will be seeing some more universal coil sharing models and some larger sub ohm pods.
We have to remember we are the vaping minority. Most vapers want a device they charge, fill, vape and change the pod when the flavour goes off. Easy as that.

They're not for vapers like me, they're aimed squarely to replace the cigalike. However, if there's ever a vapourless model which could be used stealthily on flights ....

My guess is that the pods will mostly remain proprietory as that's where Big Tobacco's business model works best ... for them.
There's every chance that pod systems will steadily improve, BT's R&D budgets are huge.
I quit smoking using cigalikes, then progressed into vaping ... there's every chance that new switchers would succeed with pod devices, and most wouldn't care about cost or waste.

The main market of vapers, is off the street none hobbyists.

Pods are aimed and geared more towards them in my opinion.

I did the pod phase, I own BO Kits and JUULs for holidays / the rare occasion I really need to be discreet.

Having said that, I've been using the Orion daily now (main device, some days only device) for 6 or 7 weeks?

Threw away my first pod just yesterday.

I’m yet to use a pod system that I find worth keeping and using and I have tried many..
The best out of them all was the justfog mini that was nearly worth keeping but I gave it away as it never lasted long enough to use out the house for any length of time..
I’ve ordered a Smok Nord so will see how I get on with that but don’t be suprised if it’s my next giveaway..
I keep the Zeltu I won in one of your giveaways in the car. It's great for a quick toot without fogging the motor out but will never fully replace my countless mods and tanks. I also take it on planes with me and exhale into a hanky if I need a fix in the toilet.

Pods definitely have their place but I don't think they'll ever take over.

Back
Top Bottom