What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Please help me repair my lost vape Halcyon (disassemble)

somethings happening....

but I'm going to take a short vape break so I can calm down.... don't want to break anything or slip and scratch the screen etc... and I'm beginning to sweat trying to use ju7st enough force to pry it open.
IMG_20210726_153545.jpg

somethings happening....

but I'm going to take a short vape break so I can calm down.... don't want to break anything or slip and scratch the screen etc... and I'm beginning to sweat trying to use ju7st enough force to pry it open.View attachment 251443
Just take your time and you'll get there, just try not to cross the fine line between adequate and excessive force lol.

somethings happening....

but I'm going to take a short vape break so I can calm down.... don't want to break anything or slip and scratch the screen etc... and I'm beginning to sweat trying to use ju7st enough force to pry it open.View attachment 251443
Also, unless there is a solid plate behind the screen or they've glued it in, you should be able to just pop it out and unplug it from the board. The LCD isn't hardwired on those boards, it's just a little socket that the ribbon cable slides in to with a locking clamp to hold it in.

getting there slowly...

I still need to remove the grey cover to get at the pins to un solder the old socket and solder in the new socket and I may try to solder in some shortish wires to make it easier to change the battery in the future. Not sure yet.
IMG_20210726_190549.jpg

So any more idea's on how to remove the grey cover from the DNA board itself? getting so close now I feel like my favourite little mod may have a real chance of coming back to life :)

Is it just the 510 wire holding the bottom of grey plastic on board?. If it is i would un solder that, and that will give you more room to see better, and to properly look all around the board
As in the main red wire to bottom of 510.
Then the board should be in your hands and you can evaluate again regarding the grey plastic cover

getting there slowly...

I still need to remove the grey cover to get at the pins to un solder the old socket and solder in the new socket and I may try to solder in some shortish wires to make it easier to change the battery in the future. Not sure yet.View attachment 251463

So any more idea's on how to remove the grey cover from the DNA board itself? getting so close now I feel like my favourite little mod may have a real chance of coming back to life :)
I would assume it is either held on with a couple of screws at the top or it has more clips that are just hugging the board.

As @mattc1 says, you could desolder the wires from the 510, but I hope you have a fairly powerful iron if you intend to do so, that case and the board is going to sap away the heat extremely well.

Also be careful you don't melt the insulator between the pos and neg of the 510.

A little bit of force using just my fingertips has pulled the lugs on the grey plastic away from the board. For anyone else doing this to their halcyon at a later date the lugs are behind the four cutaways more or less at the corners of the screen.

the soldering iron is now plugged in. fingers crossed.
IMG_20210726_193417.jpg

A little bit of force using just my fingertips has pulled the lugs on the grey plastic away from the board. For anyone else doing this to their halcyon at a later date the lugs are behind the four cutaways more or less at the corners of the screen.

the soldering iron is now plugged in. fingers crossed.View attachment 251464
Best of luck.

the soldering iron is now plugged in. fingers crossed.View attachment 251464
Sorted, where do you won't the bill sent mate?

Back
Top Bottom