What's new

Paypal

I closed it not them.
I will edit post.

Ahh, I read it wrong, sorry, and yes I've been discussing this with my wife, will need to do the same. There do remain rumours and posts on social media, and elsewhere suggesting personal accounts have also been forcibly closed.

Ahh, I read it wrong, sorry, and yes I've been discussing this with my wife, will need to do the same. There do remain rumours and posts on social media, and elsewhere suggesting personal accounts have also been forcibly closed.

I think in those cases the person would have to have had fairly substantial money going through their PayPal account, Paypal has thresholds where at certain amounts an account will be considered as a commercial entity, even if it's a personal account. Not sure what the thresholds are unfortunately but I imagine it would be quite a lot...

*Messed up that they can close any account they choose without warning and freeze the funds for 180 days, and doing it to all these companies now with how the economy is, nasty business practice.

Last edited:
I don't have any money in my PayPal account as they just charge to my cc when I buy something through them. I just use PayPal as it's easier than typing in a cc number everytime and for the protection they provide.
I will have to decide whether to cancel my account one day just because I don't agree with what they're doing.

*Messed up that they can close any account they choose without warning and freeze the funds for 180 days, and doing it to all these companies now with how the economy is, nasty business practice.
Yeah it makes me very uncomfortable having these kind of corporations in a position of power like that.

Coincidentally, I just received a 'Customer Satisfaction' survey off them via Email. Told 'em they're twats. Won't make any difference, but it momentarily made me feel better.

Back
Top Bottom