What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Paypal

quincey43

Achiever
Just received an email from Innokin to say that PayPal will not accept payment for anything vaping!! They have suspended using PayPal and I suppose all other vaping company's will have to do the same, bloody hell !!!!

Had an email from Supergood basically saying the same thing

Had an email from Supergood basically saying the same thing
Makes me so mad, I don't know how much business vaping brings to paypal not a lot in the scheme of things I should imagine but I quite liked the protection it gave us. Will this apply to ebay vaping purchases as well do you think.

Makes me so mad, I don't know how much business vaping brings to paypal not a lot in the scheme of things I should imagine but I quite liked the protection it gave us. Will this apply to ebay vaping purchases as well do you think.

Would think so. I guess it's all the more reason to buy from reputable sellers now.

made couple of orders a few days ago which arrived but also made another order today from same supplier so will be interesting to see if i get said email as well.

just checked and payment taken by paypal and vapor in the name of the company.

made couple of orders a few days ago which arrived but also made another order today from same supplier so will be interesting to see if i get said email as well.

just checked and payment taken by paypal and vapor in the name of the company.
I'm waiting on a new bank card to arrive after a problem was spotted by my bank so I can't test it out yet but will be interesting to see how quickly the other vape related buys will be affected.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

From what i can see their acceptable usage policy does not let paypal to be used to buy any products that can cause the consumer harm.
This includes ecigs and has done from at least 2009.

I understand the only exception is for UK sellers with pre approval gained from paypal.
Doesn't really make sense but thats what I've found from browsing the subject.

Cheers for that @StrawberryRipple

I placed an order with LiQuid 2 days ago with no problem. However PayPal did get declined on an order with Sourcemore a couple of weeks ago! (Heard it was a technical glitch)

Could it be as simple as Innokin cba to get approval?

Cheers for that @StrawberryRipple

I placed an order with LiQuid 2 days ago with no problem. However PayPal did get declined on an order with Sourcemore a couple of weeks ago! (Heard it was a technical glitch)

Could it be as simple as Innokin cba to get approval?
Think the approval process only applies to UK companies.
All other countries technically shouldn't be using paypal for ecig payments.

Another thing i noticed in the terms it says......(d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item........So technically the vendor isn't allowed to accept paypal payments for stock they dont have - Preorders.

Think the approval process only applies to UK companies.
All other countries technically shouldn't be using paypal for ecig payments.

Another thing i noticed in the terms it says......(d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item........So technically the vendor isn't allowed to accept paypal payments for stock they dont have - Preorders.
And I made a pre-order purchase from Sourcemore yesterday with PayPal.

Would this term you quoted negate any protection that I may have had by paying with PayPal, I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom