What's new

Oumier Wasp Nano RTA.

What changed your mind with the Gear RTA? Only I’ve been thinking I might try one. I like the size of it.
its not as easy to wick as it might seem, i must have lucked out with my first go as subsequent attempts became more problematic. I didnt/dont like bubble glasses and its completely impracticle without it

its not as easy to wick as it might seem, i must have lucked out with my first go as subsequent attempts became more problematic. I didnt/dont like bubble glasses and its completely impracticle without it

The gear holds a tiny bit more than the wasp with the straight glass though? I love both tanks equally.

My advice is stick with 2.5mm ID. 3mm will fit but the deck isn't really designed lor large coils. The deck is small and the airflow vents are small. It's a Nano, after all. Plus, you don't want thick cotton tails. Very easy with this rta to use too much cotton in the wick ports.

Ive been playing around with mine since I got it trying various coils at both 2.5 and 3mm. The best results I've had by far is with Ni80 25ga flat wire. 2.5mm ID, 6 wraps, 0.5 ohm @40w. Airflow closed off 50%.

It's a little banger.

How about coil placement? Right infont of the airflow holes or slightly higher?

I'm still loving the trick of bottom filling this RTA for a larger capacity, absolutely brilliant tip (I can't remember who posted it sorry).

Already have a bubble glass on mine
image.jpg

How about coil placement? Right infont of the airflow holes or slightly higher?
I never, ever have my coil perfectly flush with the airflow with side airflow attys. Bottom airflow attys are usually superior for flavour, IMHO. I have the coil a mm or two higher so that the air vent sits flush with the bottom half of the coil with roughly half the coil sitting above the airflow. I like the airflow to come in and under the coil. To my taste buds it gives better flavour.

I cannot get this fucking thing to wick properly. I've tried 2.5mm coils with loosish wicking, burns. Tight wicking, burns. Combed out wicking, burns. Tried with 3mm all ways and it's the same. Tried with cutting the wick in different ways, same. Tried having the wick touch the bottom, same. Tried it with the wick just dipping into the holes, same.

I'm using 25awg brochrome, coming out about 0.5 and only running it at 25-28w. Still getting the first hints of a dry hit after a few draws.

Any advice?

I cannot get this fucking thing to wick properly. I've tried 2.5mm coils with loosish wicking, burns. Tight wicking, burns. Combed out wicking, burns. Tried with 3mm all ways and it's the same. Tried with cutting the wick in different ways, same. Tried having the wick touch the bottom, same. Tried it with the wick just dipping into the holes, same.

I'm using 25awg brochrome, coming out about 0.5 and only running it at 25-28w. Still getting the first hints of a dry hit after a few draws.

Any advice?
I'm not having any problems on mine, I have my wicks on 3mm ID using the included coil (Ni80 I think), position is very symmetrical to the channel and not too high, wick legs all the way touching the bottom, fluffed but not thinned, I wet the wicks and persuade them into the channels, I'm using Muji cotton and roll it slightly before pulling it through.

Vaping around 40 watts and it keeps up pretty well.

I'm doing a review on it so will post a photo if you are still struggling.

Back
Top Bottom