What's new

Old Flames

With reviewing so many kits the downside (poor me eh?) is that you forget so many of your favourites, I've recently dug out some of my favourite stock coil kits and there's one that sprang out on me that I had long forgotten, the Smok Species kit.

They just got everything right on this kit in my opinion, quality, design, ergonomics, an effective touch screen and most importantly this was the first Smok tank that got the coils right with nice large wicking ports, gone is the lottery of how many days (or hours) that the coil would last and great flavour with it.

I'm really enjoying using it again and made me realise that little has rivalled it since, there are better lower powered kits but for good old cloud lobbing with flavour the Species is a clear winner for me.

Squonking is my next nostalgia trip but that's going to be tougher!

I can't be the only recovering shiny-aholic so what old kits have you neglected (or indeed still using)?

Smok-Species-1.jpg

It's not in use at the moment but my Smok Veneno and Baby Beast Light Edition is a really nice Kit, along with the Proton the Veneno was my first proper mod. Heard all the stuff about Smok being a poor manufacturing company but i haven't had any problems with it.

I still have the Smok R Kiss! The press fit 510 has come loose after a drop with the huge TFV8 mini V2 and bubble glass on top gut it didn’t stop working.
I liked the ambidextrous fire bar down the whole side that didn’t matter which way it was facing when you used it.

Same kind of Firebar on the Veneno and probably the same board, think it was the Alien Board on Smok Mods at the time the Veneno released. Mine is Black/Yellow it reminds me of Bumblebee from the Transformer Films.

Poor old me hasn't got any old kits left :(
But the bin is doing very well and doesn't see any more fag ends in it, so all good!

Just got the Smok Morph Kit which i believe is a couple of years old and love it, it's also got Touch Screen which takes some getting used to on a mod. Plenty of Clouds which i am not really bothered about but half decent flavour. Cost me £9.99 and worth every penny imo.

I use all my regulated mods for 1 week then put them back on my 'rotation' shelf so they all get used fairly frequently until they either get glitchy/die or I drop them for the last time,

I don't really have any old flames but I cheer up when my Vaporesso Polar gets to the front of the queue and sulk when its time to vape My iJoy Diamond PD270.

With reviewing so many kits the downside (poor me eh?) is that you forget so many of your favourites, I've recently dug out some of my favourite stock coil kits and there's one that sprang out on me that I had long forgotten, the Smok Species kit.

They just got everything right on this kit in my opinion, quality, design, ergonomics, an effective touch screen and most importantly this was the first Smok tank that got the coils right with nice large wicking ports, gone is the lottery of how many days (or hours) that the coil would last and great flavour with it.

I'm really enjoying using it again and made me realise that little has rivalled it since, there are better lower powered kits but for good old cloud lobbing with flavour the Species is a clear winner for me.

Squonking is my next nostalgia trip but that's going to be tougher!

I can't be the only recovering shiny-aholic so what old kits have you neglected (or indeed still using)?

View attachment 249480
It will drive you mental in the end of your anything like me mate.
Even though I was incredibly selective, I still found it frustrating that I'd always be kept away from my preferred set ups.
Had to knock it on the head for a while in the end as it was putting me off vaping.
Take some time with your favourite kits between review's. Better to have slower review's than to have enough of it.

Back
Top Bottom