What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Oh how thing has changed rapidly.

vandykevapes

Premium Vendor
Seriously i find it mad how fast this market has changed. I want to see how long some of you have been vaping for! What was your first mod? Liquids etc

SO we know vaping became a thing in 2008, but it wasn’t until like 2011ish till the hype of it kicked off and transformed, so really it’s only been 7 years since the boom and my lord how much has it changed, I’m sat in the shop now just looking at the vast range of tanks, mods & liquids we have! I remember when we had Only Van Dyke Vapes, Hangsen, El diabolo & manabush. Now we have 22 brands and still growing due to demand! I remember the first day when we browsing for exciting new stock and found the revolutionary kangertech subtank kits! WOW those were the days 0.5 coil at 50w chucking some immense cloud thinking it was the bread and butter of vaping!

So during this huge massive uproar and revolutionary life saving devices has come along what was your favourite? What is your most fond memory or achievements in the community.

Mine personally was the Siegelli 50w with a UD zefrus ( cant remember how it spelt ) that was the start of flavour chasing for me, not to mention all the great vendors ive met over the years & interesting people :D

PS - bring back KILO fruit whip original :’(

Bought a Zephyrus the other day just cause I wanted to play with it even though been vaping nearly 7 years and have other tanks. I don't really chase after the next big thing though with most of my kit being a little ' out of date ' so to speak.

Can say without a doubt it was the Aspire Nautilus for me as was the tank that finally got me off the cigs. Actually still have it!

Still really rate the Nautilus 2 as a tank as well. Only blip was the Nautilus X which wasn't really deserving of the name.

Bought a Zephyrus the other day just cause I wanted to play with it even though been vaping nearly 7 years and have other tanks. I don't really chase after the next big thing though with most of my kit being a little ' out of date ' so to speak.

Thats how it spelt then, sorry my spelling rubbish and i have to remember so many weird names for liquids and mods that my mind erases old complicated words :’) it was revolutionary tank for the time the flavour was insane! Ill love to try one again to see if it still has that magic it once did, crown 1 came along and pushed that to the side tho.

Can say without a doubt it was the Aspire Nautilus for me as was the tank that finally got me off the cigs. Actually still have it!

Still really rate the Nautilus 2 as a tank as well. Only blip was the Nautilus X which wasn't really deserving of the name.

Well nautilus original back in my day was my first mtl tank after the pen style mods, i eventually drilled the airflow out for better flavour :’) the nautilus 2 is good and bad... its better at the more custard/fruity flavours but found it ruined tobacco infused flavours :(

Sat tugging on, and enjoying a mate’s cigalike in a pub, in 2011.

Went out and bought the finest CE2s and Egos money could buy off a market stall. The 18mg juice he sold me tasted like petrol, but with fewer redeeming features.

Things kicked up a gear when the Vamo was released...and Evods. If you can build and wick an Evod you can do anything.

Started in August 2012 with an TW Ego and black cartomisers, vaping American Red, not sure the strength but I did have to vape 36mg whilst dual using (smoked at night with my beers) till January 12th 2015 when I went full time vape and the rot set in (Shinyitis).

In comparison, right now I'm using a Titan PWM mod with the 30mm Centurion V2.

Protank 2 was my first stock coil tank after using Ego's but it wasn't long before I bought a Nautilus, which was a bit of a game changer - even now its a viable option as the go to tank for those making the change from cigs.

My first rebuildable was a Lemo drop and it was that which made me a DTL vaper as it was so airy compared to a Nautilus.

Started on a Tornado Tank, dont know what year. Can't remember how I found out about it, but it worked for a while. 1,1ml tank IIRC!
28mg Super High (might have been the 36mg reading andi52's post!) and the telly went like I was watching a 3D film ...without the special spex...better put this thing down!

Moved on to a Kanger Pro Tank 2, hello "leaking", still have two in the cupboard where old gear goes to die. Actually gave one away...and got it given back!

Nauilus (2off) and Nautilus Mini on various Coolfires were the game changers for me and have not been on the stinkies since. Have the Nautilus X still as a stealth vape with the Innokin Pebble.

2016/2017 was sub-ohm & stock coil tanks, Aspire Cleito then Wotofo Flow (2 off) Gave one away recently, loves the capacity. Aspire Speeder and Teslacigs Punk 220 and into separate batteries.

2018 has been a revelation with RDA's and squonking. Recurve, Dead Rabbit 22mm and Pulse Regulated , Basium, Topside on its way.

Moved away from tobacco flavours on the Nautilus X after a guy in a vape shop let me have a go with some Coil Glaze Blueberry summit... and I asked myself WTF am I doing vaping that tobacco flavoured crap! Cue litres of Vampire Vape Pinkman and the ongoing discovering of new flavours, bought and homemade. Yum yum yum yum yum. (And a electric window cleaner for the living room window at SWMBOs' insisitence!)

think it was the old I-taste square pen jobbies..got me off the ciggys .. then a vamo more power lol 25-30 w
now all I do is squonk with a single coil rda .. but I do have 6 :P mix those flavours :)

This made me chuckle the first kit i got was a kangertech with a top tank and when i received it thought hold on a minute this aint working. Then realised that it needed a battery lol. First juice was 9 mg cola now that was very harsh. Then got the red astire the sweet one was a great flavour

Back
Top Bottom