What's new

Nicotine Withdrawal - help?

Vid

Initiate
In short, started smoking when I was 9, on and off, then solidly from 15/16, peaked at around 60/day in my thirties (HGV driver), introduced to vaping around 5/6 years ago in early 50s, instantly quit smoking.

Worked down from 36 MG to 6MG, tried 3MG for a little while, didn't get on with it so back to 6MG.

Last order arrived at the start of the the month, didn't place a lot of changes physically/ mentally/ emotionally since to nicotine until I noticed today that I've been going 9 days on zero MG.

I really don't know what to do right now, things really aren't right with me, do I try to see it out and hope I don't do anything stupid in the near future or get an order out there right away so that I only have a day or two more without nicotine? (I do have some very old juices that are 3 years out of date, unopened, nicotine gone anyway?)

In short, started smoking when I was 9, on and off, then solidly from 15/16, peaked at around 60/day in my thirties (HGV driver), introduced to vaping around 5/6 years ago in early 50s, instantly quit smoking.

Worked down from 36 MG to 6MG, tried 3MG for a little while, didn't get on with it so back to 6MG.

Last order arrived at the start of the the month, didn't place a lot of changes physically/ mentally/ emotionally since to nicotine until I noticed today that I've been going 9 days on zero MG.

I really don't know what to do right now, things really aren't right with me, do I try to see it out and hope I don't do anything stupid in the near future or get an order out there right away so that I only have a day or two more without nicotine? (I do have some very old juices that are 3 years out of date, unopened, nicotine gone anyway?)
If your struggling with zero nic, pick up some nic shot bottles and add it to your juice to stop the craving

I would carry on at 0, but also order some in case you need it in the future even if it`s not needed

Thanks for the replies, found a just out of date (do the expiry dates matter) 6MG bottle, new coil and am a lot 'happier' right now, but that might be the 4 pints of Stella .... :-) Will get a new order out tonight and try to get the missus to find reasonably priced nic shots tomorrow to get me through the weekend until the new order arrives. Never realised just how much a crutch nicotine has been for me for virtually all my life, don't think I could deal with myself without it, very sad really, but it's where I am.

I would say get some nic shots, as others have suggested, but I would try a different approach.
You say you had been fine with 6mg, but when going for 3mg you could not get on with it, are now on 0mg, but still not quite happy.
What I would do is use nic shots to make your juice 6mg, and vape it for a month, then make your juice 5mg, and vape that for a month, then 4mg, 3mg, 2mg, 1mg, and finally 0mg.
It may be that you cant "settle" down to large changed, but by reducing the nicotine more gradually you will be okay.

Thanks for the replies, found a just out of date (do the expiry dates matter) 6MG bottle, new coil and am a lot 'happier' right now, but that might be the 4 pints of Stella .... :-) Will get a new order out tonight and try to get the missus to find reasonably priced nic shots tomorrow to get me through the weekend until the new order arrives. Never realised just how much a crutch nicotine has been for me for virtually all my life, don't think I could deal with myself without it, very sad really, but it's where I am.

It's where most of us are mate, don't worry ... I'm still vaping 12mg after 4 years, there's worse things to have as a crutch.

When I first started vaping, I was on the shortfills. I didn't realise you were meant to shake 'em. So I was ploughing through an 100ml bottle where all the nic had settled at the bottom. So first I went cold turkey, then got proper ill from puffing on pretty much pure nic. Can laugh about it now....

Back
Top Bottom