Innokin
What's new

New shop?

Thanks for the replys.

The shop is in a large city. It also basically on a corner on a very busy main road for traffic so can bee seen from 3 directions, But not lots of people walking past if that makes sense.

The rent is cheap because it is small (250 sqft).

Premier Ecigs
Hire someone for the other days. If you are not making the £80 profit on the days they are working to pay them then it's probably not a viable business.

You'd not just be competing with the other local stores but the online stores as well who can generally deliver within 24 hours.. although being open on a Sunday gives you a bit of an advantage.

If it became more of a club than a shop it could work part-time but it still has to be profitable.

edit: just a thought but if you have the stock anyway then you could do online sales as well.. same day delivery by taxi in the local area on your closed days if you can take the kids in for an hour to make up the shipments or hire someone to do that.
I did think about something along those lines about local deliveries and i already have a website domain, going to get that made soon.
I could go and pack orders on the days i would be closed while the kids are at school.

Personally I think you should bite the bullet and employ someone for half a day each day you cannot manage a whole one. A B&M I like and used to use closed on a Monday which I always thought was a strange choice as Mondays and Fridays were my most likely shopping days. Friday to stock up for the weekend and Mondays to correct bad juice choices made on Friday or to rectify any problems from the carnage that is a weekend

Vape Green
I agree with with hiring someone for your days with the kids, even if it's just half days.

You'd then have a shop open 7 days a week, you'd most likely end with up a decent customer base after a while due to people knowing that they can rely on your place.

I reckon if people saw your shop shut so many days during the week, they wouldn't give it a second look again. You know what people can be like.... if there's a vape shop open down the road on your days off then most likely, that would be their first choice always, even on your days on.

Thanks guys

I thinking about it, its probably better to hire someone for the 3 days.
Didnt really want to as i have never had to employ someone before.
So need to go read everything about employing somebody.

Thanks

E-liquids.com
If you have not already thought about it, signage.
You say it's a small shop on a corner, so it might not be that easy to spot unless your signage stands out.
I say this because there is / was a good sized vape shop on a main road where I live, that if you blink when you drive past you will miss it. As their signage is basically (excuse the French) crap.

I did think about something along those lines about local deliveries and i already have a website domain, going to get that made soon.
I could go and pack orders on the days i would be closed while the kids are at school.

Have I missed something here ???
You said you could not open on certain days because you have to look after the kids.

I would agree with this but, my wife runs her own small domestic cleaning business, when my daughter was young, however she arranged here hours to suit, IE the cleaning jobs would all have to be done while our princess was at school.

You now say you could go and pack orders while the kids are at school.
Why cant you have the shop open while you pack orders ?
You could open on those days from say 10:00 to 15:00 so covering the period where people would be grabbing anything they need in their lunch hours.

AcmeFog
Have I missed something here ???
You said you could not open on certain days because you have to look after the kids.

I would agree with this but, my wife runs her own small domestic cleaning business, when my daughter was young, however she arranged here hours to suit, IE the cleaning jobs would all have to be done while our princess was at school.

You now say you could go and pack orders while the kids are at school.
Why cant you have the shop open while you pack orders ?
You could open on those days from say 10:00 to 15:00 so covering the period where people would be grabbing anything they need in their lunch hours.
I already had the idea about packing orders on thoose days but the kids have what seems loads of holidays so wouldnt want to be open some days then none some weeks.
But ive been thinking about staff so its not going to be an issue anymore.

I have been doing a bit more thinking and some maths.....

If i didnt employ someone and just opend the 4 days... would better pricing i.e 'internet prices' instead of typical shop prices at the rrp sort of make up for it?

I could sell most liquids for around 30% cheaper than the rrp after working out costs etc and still make a wage( not wanting to be rich...i only make just above the minimum wage working in a supermarket currently)

E-liquids.com
I have been doing a bit more thinking and some maths.....

If i didnt employ someone and just opend the 4 days... would better pricing i.e 'internet prices' instead of typical shop prices at the rrp sort of make up for it?

I could sell most liquids for around 30% cheaper than the rrp after working out costs etc and still make a wage( not wanting to be rich...i only make just above the minimum wage working in a supermarket currently)

Hi Em32,

This worries me.
Have you had any price for supply from the eliquid vendors to base a costing on ?
I just did some quick calculations based on local shops.
A vape shop, several newsagents etc.
If you try to undercut them by 30%
And if you assume a vendor will give you a 50% discount (highly unlikely)

You would have to sell 10 bottles an hour.
One every 6 minutes !!!!
Just to make the minimum hourly wage.

That' not even taking into account the cost of shop rental, business rates, etc, etc.......

Back
Top Bottom