What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New mod... recommendations please

Hi mate. I have a Drag Mini too. Mine has a few issues but regardless. It is a 4000mah mod. Being so you will get kind of between a good double 18650 mod at thats usage. Say one has a good double 18650 with two 2200mah batteries in it. Thats 4400 mah. So your mini is just below it. So yep, you will get a good few tanks use before it goes near flat needing a recharge. All good, all safe. But now lets look, that double has say 2 X 20 amp rating. So your tank/coil/wattage draws lets say 18.5 amp. No drama. You got 40 amp to play with. But now lets go single, with say a 20 amp battery. Same tank/coil/wattage, drawing 18.5 amp. Thats asking too much from that single battery, you now have just 1.5 amp play vs the double with an extra 21.5 amp headroom.
But now go single 20700 with 30am and 3000mah, still single but your setup drawing 18.5 amp has still 11.5 amp headroom and 800 mah more oompf.
Hopefully explained that right. There are ohms calculator's here on this forum and others readily available on the net. Just check here or punch in "vape ohm calculator" in your search engine.

Stacking capacity (mAh) and current (A) doesn't really work like that.

Two 20A cells in series (as in the majority of dual cell mods) doesn't give you 40A, it gives you 20A but at double the voltage.

Likewise, two 2000mAh cells in series doesn't double up to 4000mAh, it's still 2000mAh but at 7.4v nominal instead of 3.7v.

And the current in amps displayed on the screen is what is being drawn directly by the coil, it has little to no bearing on what's happening at the cells.

The only thing that (almost*) translates from screen to cell is wattage. A regulated device will adjust the modified voltage on the fly to deliver the wattage requested and the current goes along for the ride.

The current drawn from the cell to provide a certain wattage will be highest when the cell is at it's lowest voltage - let's say 3.2v as the 'flat' state for a reg'd...

And for ease, set it at 32W. The coil resistance is absolutely irrelevant, it could be 0.05 or it could be 2.5 ohms - the cells only care about the wattage.

Single cell, that'll draw 10 amps.

Dual cell series, 5 amps.

It just so happens that a 0.2ohm coil on a mod set to somewhere near 60w will require a voltage within the range of a standard single li-ion cell, which is why your displayed numbers might look like they fall in line - but change the variables (including using a dual cell mod) and those displayed will get further from useful.

*The wattage doesn't quite directly translate due to efficiency losses in the mod circuitry, but it's usually within 10% so is fairly close - best to adjust for that though, especially if you're going anywhere near the edge of the envelope.

Mechs have different considerations, and parallel multi cell introduces a different set of different considerations...

Hi mate. I have a Drag Mini too. Mine has a few issues but regardless. It is a 4000mah mod. Being so you will get kind of between a good double 18650 mod at thats usage. Say one has a good double 18650 with two 2200mah batteries in it. Thats 4400 mah. So your mini is just below it. So yep, you will get a good few tanks use before it goes near flat needing a recharge. All good, all safe. But now lets look, that double has say 2 X 20 amp rating. So your tank/coil/wattage draws lets say 18.5 amp. No drama. You got 40 amp to play with. But now lets go single, with say a 20 amp battery. Same tank/coil/wattage, drawing 18.5 amp. Thats asking too much from that single battery, you now have just 1.5 amp play vs the double with an extra 21.5 amp headroom.
But now go single 20700 with 30am and 3000mah, still single but your setup drawing 18.5 amp has still 11.5 amp headroom and 800 mah more oompf.
Hopefully explained that right. There are ohms calculator's here on this forum and others readily available on the net. Just check here or punch in "vape ohm calculator" in your search engine.

thanks guys. Makes sense. I’m used to an internal battery but will just need to fire at a lower wattage for the aegis for the 0.2 coil

thanks guys. Makes sense. I’m used to an internal battery but will just need to fire at a lower wattage for the aegis for the 0.2 coil
This is the one I have on my phone home screen. Quick and easy. Scroll down to the calculator, put in your coil ohms and wattage you are going to use. Can put in any of the shown things if you want, ohms, w, v...
But just need to do those two to get a simple idea.
https://www.misthub.com/blogs/vape-tutorials/76788933-tutorial-ohms-law-and-vape-safety-calculator

For single-cell mods, there are quite a few options these days.
Some that I can recommend would be The Vzone Cultura, Innokin Oceanus and Jwell Krome.
I also had the Vaporesso Armour Pro, which is great for it's price, but had a flimsy feel to it imo.

For single-cell mods, there are quite a few options these days.
Some that I can recommend would be The Vzone Cultura, Innokin Oceanus and Jwell Krome.
I also had the Vaporesso Armour Pro, which is great for it's price, but had a flimsy feel to it imo.

Already gone for the Aegis Solo. Cheers for the comment though

Back
Top Bottom