What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New DNA 'like' mods

I think it is bad business from them. It could affect their DNA version sales. Like you said, the non DNA version has a good chip.

Do you remember the same kind of thing with the RX200 when that came out? I wanted the DNA200 version, but couldn't find it anywhere when the RX200 released. Eventually I got the DNA200 version, but later also bought a RX200 which was good for the price.

It seemed almost everyone had a RX200 version, so I imagine it could impact the DNA version. Then again the Evolv boards mostly suit a certain market of vapers who like to use Escribe. There are exceptions of course but it seems mostly that way.

Do you remember the same kind of thing with the RX200 when that came out? I wanted the DNA200 version, but couldn't find it anywhere when the RX200 released. Eventually I got the DNA200 version, but later also bought a RX200 which was good for the price.

It seemed almost everyone had a RX200 version, so I imagine it could impact the DNA version. Then again the Evolv boards mostly suit a certain market of vapers who like to use Escribe. There are exceptions of course but it seems mostly that way.
I can remember that with the Rolly.
I'm new to DNA, and have the Paranormal on its way. If i'm spending quite a bit of dosh on a mod, I want to feel that I have something 'special'. It's a bit like trainers. It probably costs the same to make a £10 pair as it does a £200 pair. There needs to be a visual difference so we can justify the extra cost to ourselves.

I think you will really like the mod you have coming. Out of all my mods 5 use Evolv boards, but the older DNA75 and DNA200. I haven't got round to getting a C version yet.

Evolv have been great to me, I have had 2 DNA200's fail, each one was sent to the USA and repaired by Evolv. Granted, out of all the manufacturers I have had the most failures with Evolv, but I think this is just bad luck with the board failures. Since they replaced them they have worked fine.

I find there is more than a visual difference, especially after setting up with Escribe. When I use TC they work great, a very nice vape. I changed to using SS316L as my main wire because of them, so I can use it for both power mode for my other mods and mechs, and TC for the DNA's.

I come across that a bit earlier after Sirlugg mentioned it, seems for the price a really good deal the VTX200.

I think you will really like the mod you have coming. Out of all my mods 5 use Evolv boards, but the older DNA75 and DNA200. I haven't got round to getting a C version yet.

Evolv have been great to me, I have had 2 DNA200's fail, each one was sent to the USA and repaired by Evolv. Granted, out of all the manufacturers I have had the most failures with Evolv, but I think this is just bad luck with the board failures. Since they replaced them they have worked fine.

I find there is more than a visual difference, especially after setting up with Escribe. When I use TC they work great, a very nice vape. I changed to using SS316L as my main wire because of them, so I can use it for both power mode for my other mods and mechs, and TC for the DNA's.

I come across that a bit earlier after Sirlugg mentioned it, seems for the price a really good deal the VTX200.
Cheers mate,
I'm not really into temp control. I had a play with it, but it was too much faffing for me. It's the Replay function that made me take the leap. Get a great vape in VW mode, then hit Replay to get the same vape every time. What's not to like?

Evolv want to sell the 250c bigtime. They probably realise they made a mistake letting on they will release the replay firmware for the 75c so are holding onto the 75c boards and even adding the replay firmware to them. Once the 250c has sold loads and loads the 75c will reappear but i doubt the old 75w, 250w boards will.
I think other theories could also be correct, manufacturers putting other chips in cases that where meant for DNA boards because they can't get the DNA chips etc.
If you do buy the new 250c board mods i guess you may find your other mods become far less used. I really expect to see a glut of none colour DNA mods going up on ebay etc in the next few months as people decide to change there none colour DNA's to colour for the replay feature

It looks like VapeCige can't get the DNA boards for the Creator after all.
The DNA model on FT has been discontinued.

Back
Top Bottom