What's new

My vape mod was just about to expload

The Tarot Pro is a dual 18650 mod.

I prefer to charge batteries using an external charger, rather than USB charging, as regularly plugging and unplugging a USB can lead to wear and tear.

If smoke came out of the mod it sounds like the board has probably gone, unless it was battery venting.

Take the batteries out of the mod. You should be able to see if the batteries look damaged or not, but regardless you can safely dispose of the mod if it has no batteries in it.

As for the batteries, tape them up so they don't get short-circuited, and put them in a battery disposal bin, preferably at the local dump.

2 years isn't a bad life for a mod in regular use, to be honest.

Have you had the same set of batteries in it throughout?
I didn’t have the same set of batteries to be honest i had 4 batteries that I put on thr charger and just take any two.
Do i need to have 2 same batteries for each mod

Most cheap dual battery mods don't monitor each battery separately during charging. They just charge until they see 8.4v (series) or 4.2v (parallel). If one cell is damaged, or even a bit older, the circuit just keeps charging, overcharging the good cell

This is why a separate battery charger is recommended

It's a misconception that wall mounted chargers 'push' current to the device. The device 'draws' the current it needs. So a charger rated for 4 amps is perfectly safe powering a 1 amp device. It actually the opposite that is dangerous - trying to draw 1 amp from a device rated for 250 milliamps - this is likely to kill the charger, or even cause a fire
That’s what likely what happened.
I have a drag2 coming in the way. What would you recommend for batteries.
As I vape at 80 watts and I prefer bigger mah. I used to have the 3000mah lg brown.
Is there any thing better

yes. buy a mod and buy a pair or two of batteries and marry them together and then always keep the pairs married.

i use samsung 30Q as i dont go over 70watts.
there are better batteries out there now but ill let the experts explain that one.

Use the Amp calculator at Fogstar.co.uk. But at 80w most 18650 batteries will do the job.

There's a perfectly good reason most people here will not recommend charging a dual battery mod via USB.

This is it.

Personally I don't use USB to charge removable batteries, and I only ever use 1 Amp whether it's removables or built-ins.

^ this. Never charge a mod that takes any kind of battery
There's a perfectly good reason most people here will not recommend charging a dual battery mod via USB.

This is it.
totally this. Dna’s Yes. Anything else, you are looking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom