What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

My first complaint about Fasttech, and I might be wrong...

I'm a big fan of FT and use them a lot, but I do think that, as the ven diagram shows, you do have to realise something has to give. You have to go into this understanding that the lack of great customer service is part of the overall price. FT will do the right thing, in the end, but it might be a rather painful process, as you are finding. I've had few issues - a couple of duff items and a lost in the post, and the first few emails in all cases were painful - seemingly automated responses that barely addressed the problem. A few deep breaths ..... and simple, clear, polite responses served me well and I was, eventually, happy with the outcome each time.

The way I see it is that if they had to pay and train the staff that would be needed to give customer service at the level we are all used to expecting from purchases made in the UK, then their prices would no longer be the source of joy and wonder that they so often are. You pays your money and you takes your choice ....... you make your bed and you have to lie in it ..... you have your cake .......... you get the drift! ;)

I'm sure it will all work out, especially with Paypal going in to bat - good luck. :)

If you need to open a ticket with FT the response can depend on who you get. Couple of well known names who provide an excellent customer service but sometimes the response can be machine-like which is no different to anywhere else.
Understanding T&Cs, patience and politeness from customers goes a long way.

I'm a big fan of FT and use them a lot, but I do think that, as the ven diagram shows, you do have to realise something has to give. You have to go into this understanding that the lack of great customer service is part of the overall price. FT will do the right thing, in the end, but it might be a rather painful process, as you are finding. I've had few issues - a couple of duff items and a lost in the post, and the first few emails in all cases were painful - seemingly automated responses that barely addressed the problem. A few deep breaths ..... and simple, clear, polite responses served me well and I was, eventually, happy with the outcome each time.

The way I see it is that if they had to pay and train the staff that would be needed to give customer service at the level we are all used to expecting from purchases made in the UK, then their prices would no longer be the source of joy and wonder that they so often are. You pays your money and you takes your choice ....... you make your bed and you have to lie in it ..... you have your cake .......... you get the drift! ;)

I'm sure it will all work out, especially with Paypal going in to bat - good luck. :)
Thanks, you're right.

I guess I have come to that conclusion. The money saved using Fasttech means that when problems occur just sit back, chill and wait for the resolution. It won't be speedy, it won't be slick, it won't be full on customer focussed, but it will be resolved.

Sitting down and chilling and waiting for Fasttech to let me know when they will ship the replacement unit.

Thanks, you're right.

I guess I have come to that conclusion. The money saved using Fasttech means that when problems occur just sit back, chill and wait for the resolution. It won't be speedy, it won't be slick, it won't be full on customer focussed, but it will be resolved.

Sitting down and chilling and waiting for Fasttech to let me know when they will ship the replacement unit.
That's the spirit! :D

Do keep us posted, though. I think it helps others to see people work problems through. :)

If my misfortune can shine a light for others... not been a total waste of everyone's time. :)

42 days since my tank arrived in the UK (13th July 2017)
24 days since 31st July 2017 or when "Registered Airmail via Singapore Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days"
Still quite a way to go in the worst case scenario.
Potentially I have to wait until 29th September (60 days for the Singapore Post investigation) or the beginning of October (2 months for the Singapore Post investigation) before I get an decision from Fasttech. Over a month to go.

Anyone want a bet? Sportsman's bet, no money.

Have you considered the term "lost".
Lost suggests they do not currently know where it is.
If they do not know where it is they would also not know for certain that they do not have it.
If they do not know where it is then they would also not know for certain that they actually do have it.
One thing that seems to be sure is that Singapore post had it till it was or was not placed on the plane.
Did it get loaded onto the plane?
Did it get unloaded from the plane?
Did it get unloaded from the plane into customs?
Did customs release it to royal mail?
Did royal mail collect it from customs?
Have royal mail actually had it to loose?
Has anybody made reference to said missing item in https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...u-today-vape-mail.7744/page-3771#post-1572243 or https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...cels-in-the-post.143547/page-19#post-1572708?

You're new to this thread, aren't you?

Suggested it was lost, check.
PayPal escalation, check.
Appealed to their sense of Customer service, check.

Been there, done that. Getting the t-shirt soon.

"Fasttech, it's like Amazon never existed"

Back
Top Bottom