What's new

My first complaint about Fasttech, and I might be wrong...

PayPal has yet to intervene. Fasttech still maintain their refusal to take remedial action and have chosen to reinterprete their T&Cs or FAQs as allowing Singapore Post 2 months to investigate. I think they refer to the bit at the top of the FAQs
"If a package shows up on tracking website but doesn't delivery for some periods of time, a refund or a free replacement package can be sent by customers' choice as soon as the original package is verified lost by the carrier which is selected when an order is placed."

Verified Lost being the key bit and in Italics.
Damn those details to hell.

Putting my hopes in PayPal. My new careful rereading of Fasttech's FAQs basically shows that they will only acknowledge a product is lost when the sum of the two following conditions has been exceeded
a) 18 to 30 days with no movement
b) Carriers VERIFIED LOST status timeframe, about 60 days in Singapore Post's case.
Thus, if orders from Fasttech don't turn up when you expect, you can kiss goodbye to a 'guaranteed' resolution until after about 78 to 90 days (best case = 18+60, worst case = 30+60). Anything sooner than that is down to luck, no active resolution from Fasttech will be forthcoming.

Did I read that right?

Putting my hopes in PayPal. My new careful rereading of Fasttech's FAQs basically shows that they will only acknowledge a product is lost when the sum of the two following conditions has been exceeded
a) 18 to 30 days with no movement
b) Carriers VERIFIED LOST status timeframe, about 60 days in Singapore Post's case.
Thus, if orders from Fasttech don't turn up when you expect, you can kiss goodbye to a 'guaranteed' resolution until after about 78 to 90 days (best case = 18+60, worst case = 30+60). Anything sooner than that is down to luck, no active resolution from Fasttech will be forthcoming.

Did I read that right?
Yup, except it's very possible that SingPo will verify your package as lost BEFORE the 60 days is up; that's happened to me in the past.

We shall see what happens. If it ain't committed or guaranteed then I err on the side of pessimism, and pragmatism. I might be despondent but I won't be shocked or devastated.

We shall see what happens. If it ain't committed or guaranteed then I err on the side of pessimism, and pragmatism. I might be despondent but I won't be shocked or devastated.
FT always make it right, it can just take time.

SingPo have been particularly rubbish recently, in fact they've been pretty rubbish for a good while now... I've had absolutely no problems (touch wood) with Hong Kong Post tho, orders shipped with them usually being delivered in a week or so. However, if you're ordering summat you want in a hurry it's best to pay a dollar or two for the British Express option.

Don't forget the old fast - good - cheap mantra
fastgoodcheap.png

To be fair to both FT and SP, the fault lies with Royal Mail in the sense that they are the ones who lost the package. Having passed that information back to FT and SP who up until this point had been blameless, I discover that FT wont budge until SP declares the item as lost which could take up to 60 days.

i have 2 packages due from fasttech, i thought i would check the tracking on both of them, 1 of them was ordered on the 8th so was hoping it wouldnt be far away, the other ordered the 9th

the first package is using singapore post's tracking system which gives you zero info, however what i just noticed is that on fasttechs "Your Orders" section, they take a picture of your package prior to sending, the address label in the pic has a small section that has been torn and my address is missing a number on it so what should have been number 185 is now number 85, i am hoping this doesn't cause issues, as i have no way of tracking it i will just hope it is ok

the second package is using 17track which has been very good in the past and lets you know exactly where it is and this one flew from Bejing this morning heading for Heathrow

i really hope the first one arrives ok as this had a few items i am waiting on

i just spoke to fasttech on their live chat

i have to say they were actually helpful, they took my order number went and checked the address label had been changed and came back and said this had been noticed prior to shipping and rectified, i told them singapore post tracking system wasnt working and they sent me a link to track it with 17track which said Singapore post still have it but it hasnt been scanned for shipping yet, which is a bit of a pain as they received it on Monday 14th but i will wait it out and see what happens, i paid the extra for the uk express shipping aswell so was hoping it would have been here by the end of this week

they asked me if i would wait 2 to 5 days and if i hadnt received anything to come back to them and would take it further so thats what ill do

hopefully im worrying over nothing and it arrives next week at some point

My experience with FT has generally been good but they did send me the wrong item once. I wasn't particularly arsed but it did irk a bit that I did not even receive an acknowledgement when I informed them.

i have just noticed i paid for the uk express shipping on both orders but the one i questioned them about looks as if it has just been sent standard ??

Back
Top Bottom