What's new

My first complaint about Fasttech, and I might be wrong...

'Alea Jacta Est' The die is cast.

Fasttech came back saying they would wait for the investigation from Singapore Post which could take up to 60 days. Thus I have opened a dispute with PayPal just now (2017/08/16). Let's see which one finishes first.

'Alea Jacta Est' The die is cast.

Fasttech came back saying they would wait for the investigation from Singapore Post which could take up to 60 days. Thus I have opened a dispute with PayPal just now (2017/08/16). Let's see which one finishes first.

Provide PayPal with the email saying that the package is lost. They will issue a refund very quickly.

Provide PayPal with the email saying that the package is lost. They will issue a refund very quickly.
Therein lies the rub.

Royal Mail's webpage shows the package as being static at the distribution centre for a month, Royal Mail's International Team confirmed by phone that the package should be "considered" as lost, but they will only respond in writing to the expediter's official request. So I do not have it in writing as lost, not until Singapore Post get the result of their possible 60 day investigation.

Hoping PayPal take the webpage and are willing to call Royal Mail for a statement.

@mannikon the consumer contracts regulations apply to overseas sales. so does section 75 of the consumer credit act which covers online sales.

Also, he's paid using paypal. They will refund him unless there is proof he received the goods.

@mannikon the consumer contracts regulations apply to overseas sales. so does section 75 of the consumer credit act which covers online sales.

Also, he's paid using paypal. They will refund him unless there is proof he received the goods.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will keep you all abreast of developments.

Therein lies the rub.

Royal Mail's webpage shows the package as being static at the distribution centre for a month, Royal Mail's International Team confirmed by phone that the package should be "considered" as lost, but they will only respond in writing to the expediter's official request. So I do not have it in writing as lost, not until Singapore Post get the result of their possible 60 day investigation.

Hoping PayPal take the webpage and are willing to call Royal Mail for a statement.

As per Fast-tech's FAQ.

Can a refund be issued if a package becomes stuck, or lost in the delivery process?

If a package shows up on tracking website but doesn't delivery for some periods of time, a refund or a free replacement package can be sent by customers' choice as soon as the original package is verified lost by the carrier which is selected when an order is placed.

FedEx, UPS, DHL, and EMS Express 2 business days after shipping
Australia Expedited Air online tracking shows no update for 14 days
Registered Airmail via Singapore Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Russian Post online tracking shows no update for 25 days
Registered Airmail via Sweden Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post online tracking shows no update for 60 days
Registered Airmail via China Post online tracking shows no update for 30 days
China Post Surface Mail online tracking shows no update for 30 days
DHL Global Mail online tracking shows no update for 21 days
TNT-PostNL European Registered Airmail online tracking shows no update for 30 days
USPS Expedited for Battery Products online tracking shows no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class via Hong Kong Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Canada Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
United Kingdom (UK) Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Australia/New Zealand Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Germany Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Norway Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
South Korea Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Singapore Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Vietnam Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
France Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Russia Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Regular Airmail 60 days after shipping
Other carriers typically when online tracking shows no update for 30 days

If FT want you to wait a further 3 months they're bang out of order and PP should refund you quickly.

If I read that correctly it means their own support team are ignoring the T&Cs?
As per Fast-tech's FAQ.

"Can a refund be issued if a package becomes stuck, or lost in the delivery process?

If a package shows up on tracking website but doesn't delivery for some periods of time, a refund or a free replacement package can be sent by customers' choice as soon as the original package is verified lost by the carrier which is selected when an order is placed.

Registered Airmail via Singapore Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days"

We are well past that.

@Mitz you star.

If I read that correctly it means their own support team are ignoring the T&Cs?
As per Fast-tech's FAQ.

"Can a refund be issued if a package becomes stuck, or lost in the delivery process?

Registered Airmail via Singapore Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days"

We are well past that.

@Mitz you star.

Show that to PayPal and they should refund you straight away if FT continue to refuse!

Done. Let's see what happens. Again @Mitz thank for being so helpful and for reminding us that the devil is in the details, but you have to actually read the details.

Back
Top Bottom