What's new

My first complaint about Fasttech, and I might be wrong...

Please do not copy & past email exchanges and add them to the forum (as per the rules).
Could you point me to where this is mentioned please?
I remember reading and, when I searched, I could find the general purpose, good sense warning about posting personal information and private member correspondence and so on, but I cannot find where it states I should not post correspondence with a vendor with whom I have a 'dispute'. BTW I use the word 'dispute' in its widest sense, please understand. I am 'peeved' but that doesn't make it into the legal lexicon too often.

https://planetofthevapes.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/132525-posting-rules
Quote:
"DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION such as full names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, private messages or emails/email content of our members. At this current time you do not have this forums permission to use such things in public posts on the forum or anywhere else on the internet without express written permission of the content creator or the owner(s) of this forum. If you are found to post information in relation to the above methods, it could result in a ban from our forum and legal action may be sought by the affected party. We will do everything we can to protect our members information and the material will be deleted immediately upon discovery."

FYI the item I ordered was another SteamCrave Aromarizer Plus RDTA just so that I could have it assembled as a 20ml ALL DAY SITTING AT MY HOME OFFICE TANK THAT I DON'T HAVE TO REFILL. An admittedly first world problem the prolonging of which does not in any way affect the quality of my life. I'll survive.

I sincerely wanted the forum's opinion on whether I was being a tad hasty and impatient? Hence the title. No offence meant to Fasttech who, as I wrote, I hold in high esteem, perhaps just not as high as I did initially.

I've waited up to 8 weeks when I've opted for free shipping, usually quicker but not always. I also never track my items anymore, when I did the info was so sketchy and usually ended at UK customs so it was no use. I've had items clear UK customs and still take another 2 weeks to get delivered.

It would be this bit

private messages or emails/email content

We do it to the wider audience as the rule hasnt been fully updated since we got to the size we have.

And i response to you FT query, customs are very slow at handling items lately and often they are just sitting for several weeks before they leave their sorting/checking stations.

If you are not happy then do a p.pal claim as previously suggested :D

Thank you Miss Pepper, so according to the wording, I was not breaking the rules.
"DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION such as full names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, private messages or emails/email content of our members"

I do understand, and do not disagree with, the subsequent changes that have failed to make it into the written rules but as this update was unavailable to me I could not follow what I did not know or what was not there to be known. :)

I am happy to edit should you wish to welcome me into the editing fold. A literate pedant can be quite useful at times.

Press tools - Select edit.
Miss a comma out of a sentence and it reads completely different.
I've seen peeps posting email pastes on here before but I also read "private emails/" as "don't post personal information".
I maybe wrong and I'm sure @Miss Pepper will clarify.

I did not wish this thread to go off topic and become a discussion around semantics and grammar.
My original question was, am I being overly critical and expecting too much or has Fasttech in some way dropped the ball and failed in its duty to a customer?

To recap, the product is not in customs, it got to Royal Mail on 13th July, I did the research as Fasttech requested, went through the Royal Mail teams, got to the International team at Royal Mail who confirmed that they classed it as lost as in their professional opinion it should have left their facility well before a month elapsed. I provided Fasttech with all the information and screenshots and phone number to vouch for the information I gave them. Should Fasttech admit that their courier service failed and get me their customer a new unit dispatched ASAP or should they wait until the result and reimbursement from their investigations from Asia before sorting my product out?

If I was in your position here's what I'd do;

Wait another week, then it's 30 days since RM admit they received it.

I would then contact FT, restating everything you have already said in as simple terms as possible and suggest that they should resend the item and seek redress themselves from RM. Inform them that a dispute will be raised with PP if a resolution in not forthcoming within 7 days.

If a replacement item is not despatched within 7 days raise a dispute with PP.

Like most people I have only had positive experiences with FT, often slow but never disappointed.

Thank you WardyGTC. Makes sense. BTW 30 calendar days since they received it already passed. I will wait to see what response Fasttech have by the middle of the week.

Back
Top Bottom