What's new

MTL Resistance

It's on the label as mm diameter, doesn't follow the norm of core/wrap unless I've read it wrong & it's 38AWG core/28AWG wrap which is possible. Staples use wrapped cores with an outer wrap but checking a roll of staple there's no way it's a 28AWG outer wrap, more like 38/40AWG. I don't pay much attention to the composition other than wire type, as long as there's ohms/length it's less stressful to use that. Or go really old school & make a coil & measure on a reader/mod & add/remove wraps as required.
I read the label as being 4 cores of 0.1 x 0.3 with a 40guage wrap. I agree it's much easier to work with resistance / length. They do make it difficult to understand what's printed on them bloody labels :17:

I read the label as being 4 cores of 0.1 x 0.3 with a 40guage wrap. I agree it's much easier to work with resistance / length. They do make it difficult to understand what's printed on them bloody labels :17:
I tend to stick with Clapton/fused clapton/alien coils & rarely buy on the roll. For the length of life you get with them it's easier to buy pre built. Only use the fancy stuff on a roll for atties that require small (2.5 dia) due to restrictions but want the extra surface area that single wire can't always give. Somewhere in this chat is the answer but I've got a headache now:D

I tend to stick with Clapton/fused clapton/alien coils & rarely buy on the roll. For the length of life you get with them it's easier to buy pre built. Only use the fancy stuff on a roll for atties that require small (2.5 dia) due to restrictions but want the extra surface area that single wire can't always give. Somewhere in this chat is the answer but I've got a headache now:D
Totally agree, I've moved away from complex coils and use them as a rare treat now. I still build but with simple coils now and yes, pre built ones are much less fiddling about. :D

Back
Top Bottom