What's new

MTL Resistance

0.1 = 38AWG, 0.3 = 28AWG.
Staples are formed as below typically
framed-staple-2-500.jpg

Not to sure at the moment as I cant quite understand what the wire type is at the moment. Hopefully @nwhornet has the answer.
Stated as SS316L. Work out the resistance by length of coil. 6" coil will be around 0.95ohm, 4" around 0.65/0.7ohm.

Or use this guide, closest to the op's wire I could find quickly

Attachments

• 316l-2-28-4-03-38.jpg
    316l-2-28-4-03-38.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 158
Thanks mate.
If it's just 2 core (no ribbon inner) you can do it as a paralell coil in a calculator. Wrap can be ignored for resistance as it adds little/no difference, just affects the heat flux. Ball park figure but better than a stab in the dark. Bit more awkward on more complex wires but, as long as you have resistance/length it's easy enough to work out fairly accurately

If it's just 2 core (no ribbon inner) you can do it as a paralell coil in a calculator. Wrap can be ignored for resistance as it adds little/no difference, just affects the heat flux. Ball park figure but better than a stab in the dark. Bit more awkward on more complex wires but, as long as you have resistance/length it's easy enough to work out fairly accurately
I'm happy with working out coils using resistance per length as that's ok even in complex coils and as you say the wrap being very thin in comparison to the core will make virtually no difference to the overall resistance BUT am still unsure how you determined the 28awg core and 38awg wrap from the description on the wire spool label lol

I'm happy with working out coils using resistance per length as that's ok even in complex coils and as you say the wrap being very thin in comparison to the core will make virtually no difference to the overall resistance BUT am still unsure how you determined the 28awg core and 38awg wrap from the description on the wire spool label lol
It's on the label as mm diameter, doesn't follow the norm of core/wrap unless I've read it wrong & it's 38AWG core/28AWG wrap which is possible. Staples use wrapped cores with an outer wrap but checking a roll of staple there's no way it's a 28AWG outer wrap, more like 38/40AWG. I don't pay much attention to the composition other than wire type, as long as there's ohms/length it's less stressful to use that. Or go really old school & make a coil & measure on a reader/mod & add/remove wraps as required.

Back
Top Bottom