What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Manabush Powwow Sauce...vaper's tongue?

sandman_dreaming

Initiate
Since I started vaping Powwow Sauce has been my go to liquid for all day vaping - I absolutely love it!

Just got a new supply in last week and all of a sudden the taste has totally changed. I'm now getting a kind of burnt taste without the sweetness that used to be there. I've had my Ares RTA apart and totally washed it out, then re-coiled and re-wicked it. I've actually re-coiled and -re-wicked it twice. And it still seem to have lost that gorgeous flavour.

Could this be a bad batch or is it vapour's tongue? The bottles I have are all 3mg nicotine LOT: 230518 so quite recently manufactured. I've also been vaping with other flavours (mostly fruity berry ones) and they all seem to taste ok. Have I got vapours's tongue? :56:

To say I'm missing my old Powwow flavour is an understatement! :17: Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

i dont think the words "bad batch" exist when it comes to manabush so best the guvnor replies to this one to give advice @ZT

it could well be vapours tongue though as its not a great idea vaping any flavour continuously but keep it in rotation and ive had no vt in over 3 years.

Since I started vaping Powwow Sauce has been my go to liquid for all day vaping - I absolutely love it!

Just got a new supply in last week and all of a sudden the taste has totally changed. I'm now getting a kind of burnt taste without the sweetness that used to be there. I've had my Ares RTA apart and totally washed it out, then re-coiled and re-wicked it. I've actually re-coiled and -re-wicked it twice. And it still seem to have lost that gorgeous flavour.

Could this be a bad batch or is it vapour's tongue? The bottles I have are all 3mg nicotine LOT: 230518 so quite recently manufactured. I've also been vaping with other flavours (mostly fruity berry ones) and they all seem to taste ok. Have I got vapours's tongue? :56:

To say I'm missing my old Powwow flavour is an understatement! :17: Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.
Such is the qc and to be honest, army of daily user's (myself included along with my nanabhozo) a bad batch is hugely unlikely in the first place and would be spotted instantly.
I'm actually using batch 230518 myself currently (am on the second bottle of this three pack) and have another three singles here from that batch no and can categorically say it's as good as ever.
I suspect a wicking issue more than vaping tongue. Vapours tongue tends to be more a deadening of the flavour notes, so while possible it seems a burning taste would be more of a coil/wick issue.

How did you wash the tank.
Strong fruit and berry juices can stick like shite to a blacket.
Powow is such a complex delicate blend that any lingering notes of another juice can completely ruin the flavour.
Again that aside it's possible your wicking is too tight and the juice is burning on the coil.

I think the fact that the hippy takes his minions outside and shoots one whenever there’s a complaint keeps them on their toes as far as quality goes.

Like every woman has said to me, it’s not the Manabush - it’s you.

Thinking about it, that’s a very odd thing to say. Maybe I need to pick better women with a wider dictionary. Ones that fall into pits covered in leaves sounds a good bet.

*Sigh*

hold on to your pants people ... he's not wrong ... though its not a bad batch .. just ... different.

We have through circumstances beyond our control lost a supplier - which has caused us to have to reformulate the entirety of the Nokomis range .. from scratch.

This has caused over the last few months much wailing and a gnashing of teeth, many tears and threats of violence between us all at Manabush Towers.

When something like this happens and you have notice of it .. you have the ability to change things incrementally over time. In this case .. its been everything all at once.

I have been dealing on a personal level with anyone that has had any questions about the change in flavouring as much as is possible.

The process has been to take our existing flavours and by dint of some very clever guys in the flavouring business in conjunction with our own tongues recreated as close as is possible (which is never going to be EXACTLY the same - though some juices have fared better than others in the closeness stakes - and frankly Waxahachie is if anything better than the original - it used to taste like normal gingerbread men to me ... now it tastes somewhat more like a "Lebkuchen" those little chocolate gingerbread german cakes you see at Christmas).

We have also taken this opportunity to make the juices a lot easier on the coils.

We are also also now completely in control of every compound within the concentrates - they have been rebuilt from an individual molecule level. This means as time goes on if there is a need to change anything again ... we can do it on a compound by compound basis.

Anyhoo .. as much as we obviously didn't want to reformulate at all ... our choice was .. reformulate, accept its going to be a bit different here and there and move on - or close up altogether.

we chose the first option.

Last edited:
Hi Sandman,

I'm afraid I don't think that you or anyone else will like the answer.I ran into exactly the same issue a week or so ago...with the change in Powwow. I contacted Martyn and basically they have been force to changed their supplier and reformulated all the Nokomis range. I had purchased Powwow, Nokomis and Chiricahua sun. The only one with a noticeable issue is the Powwow. I feel it best that you contact Martyn to get full clarification. I hope that Powwow gets reformulated again(if it can't be the original) as this version is not close(in my opinion) at all to the original. Very sad situation.

Just seen Martyns reply as I posted...

Hi Sandman,

I'm afraid I don't think that you or anyone else will like the answer.I ran into exactly the same issue a week or so ago...with the change in Powwow. I contacted Martyn and basically they have been force to changed their supplier and reformulated all the Nokomis range. I had purchased Powwow, Nokomis and Chiricahua sun. The only one with a noticeable issue is the Powwow. I feel it best that you contact Martyn to get full clarification. I hope that Powwow gets reformulated again(if it can't be the original) as this version is not close(in my opinion) at all to the original. Very sad situation.

Just seen Martyns reply as I posted...
^^This

we will be working on it as time goes by - it may be instead of trying to recreate the original .. we move in a different direction on this flavour.

I stand well corrected. Bit I'm not getting any burnt tastes. Just powwow.
If it's your only adv zt' s answer makes sense though.

I just wanted to thank Martyn for taking the time to personally call me and explain the situation. I don't think there are many bosses of companies these days who would take the time and effort to do that.

Mannabush has been one of my absolute highlights since I started vaping, particularly Powwow Sauce and NanaBozho. Both are outstanding products. It's obviously been a difficult time for Martyn, but it's encouraging that he's moving on and has been trying to reformulate the range. Obviously there have been changes to flavours, but I'm willing to try new things.

I *will* miss the 'old' Powwow Sauce though...there was something very special about it. It would be amazing if the current flavour could just be tweaked a little to bring back the old magic, but at least now I understand why that may not happen.

Back
Top Bottom