What's new

Making coils

ViperVapeUK

Postman
hi, my local b+m charge £8 for a set of coils to put in the dead rabbit RDA. I have the tool to make the coils but what type of wire should I be buying as assume this would be a lot cheaper in the long run?

NiCr is a good starting point wire. Easy to work with hard to fuck up.
£8.. Mmmmm nice profit.. Couple of pence worth of wire and 10 mins.

hi i like ni80 or ni60 flat fused calpton i get most of my wire from the crazy wire company they sell spools of wire at good prices you can find them on ebay or amazon + its free p@p...

So what resistance etc, the coils I bought from the shop is wire which looks like has additional thin wire around it?
If you buy wire then you make your own coils to the resistance you want using different grades and make of wire. Lots of tutorials on line and loads of advice on potv.

So what resistance etc, the coils I bought from the shop is wire which looks like has additional thin wire around it?

This sounds like you've purchased a set (x2) of Fused Claptons (core wires wrapped with thinner wire). For £8, I'd say that you've not done badly from a B&M, if they're well built. Should last you at least 3/4 weeks if you clean and wick them regularly.

Yes, you could build them cheaper but first you need to master the build technique and then actually have the time and patience.

I used this when making my first one last night, put in all the info, followed what it said and it's a tiny bit over my target resistance but when I put it on it worked excellent.

Holy sh*t, I think I’m gonna need to buy some wire and have a play. I don’t have an ohm meter, will this be ok just to test on the mod? Hopefully I won’t blow myself up.

Back
Top Bottom