What's new

Makes me so mad

Jesus, what a load of old shit!

How the fuck do they get away with it, I'm going to contact them, fuck with them a bit.
Feeling like shit, in a bad mood, may as well vent it their way

Absolute fucktard cockwombles! They are the danger here, so they would rather people smoke then vape? Oh that makes Absolute NO sense!

:12: :angrymob:

Its all really related to the old teen THC shite

Just clicked on their links for the local health gov

Wtaf
That is literally what sparked all of the "vaping is bad" scaremongering, people vaping black market produced THC cartridges with vitamin E acetate in them, and then lying about it because they didn't want their parents to know they were taking drugs. Unfortunately that has now lead to the US trying to ban vaping as a whole, even though they know that is what was going on.

IMO regardless of the supposed lack of research in to the long term effects of vaping, it has helped me to stop smoking and I am rapidly approaching the point where I may not need nicotine anymore. I think I've used less than 250ml of 3mg juice this month.

I shouldn't let it wind me up... but it does... massively.

Shit like this: https://dontpuffthisstuff.com/

Everything about it. Not just the blatent bullshit, anti-science and misinformation, though that's bad enough.

But on top of that we have the embarassing attempts to be cool and appeal to teenagers.. (how ironic).. the graphics, the dumb domain name, the hashtags they're trying to push.

Aaaggggggrrrrrhhhhhhhhh.

What kind of world are we living in, where this passes for eductation?

View attachment 240682
Well - we are living in an age you can do stuff about misinformation ... can we do something about it ?

:hmm: :doh:

Although many substances can be vaped, teens and young adults most commonly vape flavored e-liquids with nicotine or marijuana (THC). Thousands of flavoring chemicals. Vapes come in thousands of tasty, unmistakably child-friendly flavors, many with fun and enticing names. The flavors mask the harsh taste of nicotine and other chemicals contained in the e-liquid, making it easier to inhale the aerosol. Sweet, fun flavors like gummy bear and cotton candy often remind teens of happy childhood experiences, making them feel harmless. Recent crackdowns on flavors by federal, state and local governments have begun to shift the landscape of preferred vaping products among youth. Now that flavors, aside from menthol and tobacco, are generally banned in pod-based or closed-system devices like JUUL

It is now widely recognized that vaping is unhealthy and dangerous, even if it might not be quite as unhealthy and dangerous as smoking traditional, combustible cigarettes. The more immediate health effects include coughing and wheezing, behavioral and mood changes, headaches, seizures, vomiting and potential severe lung injury. Vaping also negatively affects teens’ attention, learning, and impulse control in a way that can affect them in school, sports and social situations. Nearly all vapes contain nicotine, one of the most addictive substances, and in many cases as much as or more than in traditional cigarettes.

Nicotine negatively affects the cardiovascular system (increasing heart rate and blood pressure and the risk of heart attack and stroke), respiratory/lung functioning (including inflammation, asthma and wheezing) and reproductive organs. People who vape can quickly become addicted and are at increased risk of starting to smoke cigarettes or use other addictive products. Taking in high doses of nicotine can lead to nicotine toxicity, which in severe cases can give rise to seizures as well as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive salivation, dizziness, respiratory failure, coma and paralysis. The other ingredients in vapes, including the flavorings, are harmful as well. Most contain cancer-causing and other toxic chemicals, heavy metals and tiny particles that go deep into the lungs and cause lung damage, cell damage and reduced ability to fight off infections.

More and more, nicotine and other chemicals in vapes are being tied to increasing heart rate and blood pressure and the risk of heart attack and stroke, as well as inflammation, asthma and wheezing. They also can cause inflammatory processes and depress immune function in lungs, and are associated with chronic bronchitis and reduced ability to fight off bacterial and viral infections including COVID-19. Vaping poses a significant risk to young people when it comes to contracting, transmitting and experiencing the health effects of COVID-19.

A recent national survey of adolescents and young adults found that young people who have vaped were 5 times more likely than those who haven’t vaped to be diagnosed with the virus and the risk of being diagnosed and experiencing its symptoms was even higher among those who both vaped and smoked cigarettes. The risk of contracting (and transmitting) the virus might be higher simply because of the need to remove masks to vape and because of repeated contact between one’s hand, the device and one’s mouth while vaping. Perhaps most importantly, because vaping weakens the cardiovascular, respiratory and immune systems, one’s vulnerability to contracting the virus and experiencing its symptoms is elevated among those who vape.

https://drugfree.org/wp-content/upl...ping-Guide-Partnership-for-Drug-Free-Kids.pdf

Well - we are living in an age you can do stuff about misinformation ... can we do something about it ?
Some kind of objective information site ... with proper sources.. backed up by solid studies

Has been discussed before I think.

A lot of work

Back
Top Bottom