What's new

Lowest ohm build you have used

Just read the spec on my mod and it says:

"Resistance range - 0.05-1.5ohm for TC Modes / 0.1-3.5ohm for VW"

?

The mod specs indicate it is more than capable of the 0.17ohm coil, so between 0.1 to 1.3 ohms in normal variable wattage mode. The other mode, TC is temperature controlled which is only used with appropriate coils/wire. As @crustyfolker says regulated mods significantly help regarding safety :)

Regulated mods make things as safe as can be really. Most regulated mods are series battery orientation so in effect this supplies more power than parallel orientation and the chip does the rest. If you do find a parallel regulated mod they are similar to a single 18650 mod ie 60-80w. I have one such mod which is a Hugo boxer 80w. The therion DNA75w is another these give great battery life apposed to a single 18650 regulated mod.
some regulated mods are capable of 0.05ohms because the chipset boosts the power from the batteries a mech will just draw the power it needs without having any help and thus the battery will be overstressed if you fire it to often or for too long.

Thank you mate, very pleased some experienced vapers can help out @neon_sun :2thumbsup:

Edit: Again from Mooch

Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/calculating-battery-current-draw-for-a-regulated-mod.7532/

Last edited:
The mod specs indicate it is more than capable of the 0.17ohm coil, so between 0.1 to 1.3 ohms in normal variable wattage mode. The other mode, TC is temperature controlled which is only used with appropriate coils/wire. As @crustyfolker says regulated mods significantly help regarding safety :)

Thank you mate, very pleased some experienced vapers can help out @neon_sun :2thumbsup:

Cheers dude ! Got there in the end :)

When it comes to safety I feel like as a community we don't put enough information out there about regulated mod safety. For example, there is a lot of folks who own 200w+ devices and will want to try to use the actual 200w at some point. but on a dual 18650 that will pull about 23 amps at full charge 4.2v (which is the safest conditions on regulated as opposed to mechs where it gets safer as voltage drops, as long as it doesn't drop below the minimum voltage) and the mod will happily fire.

Now I'm sure you would be lucky to get more than a few pulls before seeing a weak battery warning and have to be really unlucky to see a battery failure only a few amps over say a 20amp cdr rated cell under vaping conditions...but it's still a line that is being crossed and who's to say what betteries kids are using these days.

But In response to the op lowest I went was 0.05 on a DNA when I ordered the wrong specs on some alien coils and it wasn't a great vape. took em out and ran single coil which came to .11 and was a lot better.

Last edited:
When it comes to safety I feel like as a community we don't put enough information out there about regulated mod safety. For example, there is a lot of folks who own 200w+ devices and will want to try to use the actual 200w at some point. but on a dual 18650 that will pull about 23 amps at full charge 4.2v (which is the safest conditions on regulated as opposed to mechs where it gets safer as voltage drops, as long as it doesn't drop below the minimum voltage) and the mod will happily fire.

Now I'm sure you would be lucky to get more than a few pulls before seeing a weak battery warning and have to be really unlucky to see a battery failure only a few amps over say a 20amp cdr rated cell under vaping conditions...but it's still a line that is being crossed and who's to say what betteries kids are using these days.

But In response to the op lowest I went was 0.05 on a DNA when I ordered the wrong specs on some alien coils and it wasn't a great vape. took em out and ran single coil which came to .11 and was a lot better.
I think your right on the safety aspect

Luckily most batteries are capable of 20amp including rewraps, and the horribly unsuitable batteries are becoming harder to source but it's still a potential issue

I'd go with 70w per battery as an average limit, based more on the fact that while some mods cut out at 3.2 or higher, but not all do

I was handed an alien 220w that fired at 80w with one cell at 2.4v and 2.9v for the other cell - this is wrong in every way as it should have cut out earlier, and should not have fired batteries so badly matched

The upside is, if your using say two trustfire at 100w it will sag so bad the mod should say no, I remember an old old vaping video where the guy compared batteries in a 30w mod and the trust/ultra fires sagged to near empty from full at 25w

Back
Top Bottom