What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Lowest ohm build you have used

I shall defer to more experienced vapers, however tend not to use them for lower than 2.3ish. I believe manufacture rated for 15amps, but mooch rated to 20amps? So the manufacturer is being conservative.

Edit: to iterate I am relatively inexperienced so would be happy to see others chip in :)

Edit: From Mooch thread

Bottom Line
Though rated at 15A by Samsung, to ensure low operating temperature and long life, this is a pretty good 20A continuous discharge rating (CDR) cell.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...50-30q-15a-3000mah-bench-test-results.681259/
Correct mate. I would draw the line at 0.2 and that would be the max. While mooch has indeed tested them at 20amp you rightly say they are only manufacturer listed at 15amp so there's no guarantee of 20amp being a constant.

Not looking for a fight but you lot do realise your posts go on the general internet so any fool can see them. This could lead to some noob trying out these sub0.1 ohm builds and you will see the results on the front page of the Daily fail. Mans ecig explodes and goes down his neck and has to be removed from his exithole.

A fair and well made point. icon_thumbsup.gif Its easy to forget this isn't a closed forum. I'd never build to exceed CDR, and besides, a below .1 build on a regulated mod is nothing but a waste of battery power.

With a number of batteries in a regulated mod the calculations are different... I am not familiar with that mod but I am sure someone can help here.

I have a feeling you should not be too worried.. as you are not expecting too much of just one battery.

Could someone confirm? @eyeball kid ?

Edit: I am a moderate when it comes to coils and watts :)

With a number of batteries in a regulated mod the calculations are different... I am not familiar with that mod but I am sure someone can help here.

I have a feeling you should not be too worried.. as you are not expecting too much of just one battery.

Just read the spec on my mod and it says:

"Resistance range - 0.05-1.5ohm for TC Modes / 0.1-3.5ohm for VW"

?

Regulated mods make things as safe as can be really. Most regulated mods are series battery orientation so in effect this supplies more power than parallel orientation and the chip does the rest. If you do find a parallel regulated mod they are similar to a single 18650 mod ie 60-80w. I have one such mod which is a Hugo boxer 80w. The therion DNA75w is another these give great battery life apposed to a single 18650 regulated mod.
some regulated mods are capable of 0.05ohms because the chipset boosts the power from the batteries a mech will just draw the power it needs without having any help and thus the battery will be overstressed if you fire it to often or for too long.

Back
Top Bottom