What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Lowest ohm build you have used

Put a .08 staged heating nichrome/ss316 build on my regulated - looked really pretty and vaped beautifully but was a bit pointless really as super low builds offer nothing on a regulated mod imo. On my parallel mechs, I always build at .1, tubes I don't go lower than .16 generally.

Never felt that I need to go any lower then 0.1. With right setup - 0.1 to 0.25 is a good range for me.

Seems a lot go for the lower end builds, great thing to play with. At the moment I am using a 0.04 handmade flat Clapton fat pair on a 3rd degree mech and on a voopoo drag.

Seems a lot go for the lower end builds, great thing to play with. At the moment I am using a 0.04 handmade flat Clapton fat pair on a 3rd degree mech and on a voopoo drag.
But the drag only fires down to 0.05 so how you firing a build of 0.04?

Not looking for a fight but you lot do realise your posts go on the general internet so any fool can see them. This could lead to some noob trying out these sub0.1 ohm builds and you will see the results on the front page of the Daily fail. Mans ecig explodes and goes down his neck and has to be removed from his exithole.

Yeah it does need pointing out to anyone finding this thread for general coil building information via the internet that you should never be building bellow ohm coils unless you know what your battery is capable of.
I've personally never felt any benefits from bellow 0.4ohms. In fact many juice flavours oftenbecome too intense. I also have 0.2 as my personal safety point when vaping on a mech as I've checked all my batteries and this is just above the lowest safe build. Bit as I've said I rarely build that low.
Please know your battery safety people.

This thread has brought to you by acme prosthetic hands. The hand you can trust.

Been using this as a rough guide, assume it is not far off?
IMG_0251.JPG

I need some advice are Samsung 30Q safe with 0.17 Ohm coils??

I shall defer to more experienced vapers, however tend not to use them for lower than 2.3ish. I believe manufacture rated for 15amps, but mooch rated to 20amps? So the manufacturer is being conservative.

Edit: to iterate I am relatively inexperienced so would be happy to see others chip in :)

Edit: From Mooch thread

Bottom Line
Though rated at 15A by Samsung, to ensure low operating temperature and long life, this is a pretty good 20A continuous discharge rating (CDR) cell.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...50-30q-15a-3000mah-bench-test-results.681259/

Back
Top Bottom