What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Looking at getting a new battery charger

Lee Parsons

Postman
I already have a xtar queen ant. But I am looking to check the capacity of the cells. Charging them up, and discharging them. I have already seen one which might fit my needs.

Litokala Lii-500
and
Litokala Lii-PD4

Has anyone used these? Any advice?

Not used those chargers myself nor have i heard of them before take a look at Fogstar they sell chargers.

I bought a brand i had never heard of and it's a great charger, in use daily with no issues. If your worried just buy from Fogstar as @BULLDOG1964 says.

Gyrfalcon all88 for the win. It's pretty much all I use now although I also have the vp4 and vc4 by Xtar.

Quick aside.... How often is it recommended that you change chargers?
Whenever they break :D. I have 2 Xtar around 3-4 yrs old & 2 Gyrfalcon a little less. Only the Xtar Dragon has a fault but as it does more than charge round cells it still gets used. The Gryfalcons are in daily use & haven't missed a beat

Whenever they break :D. I have 2 Xtar around 3-4 yrs old & 2 Gyrfalcon a little less. Only the Xtar Dragon has a fault but as it does more than charge round cells it still gets used. The Gryfalcons are in daily use & haven't missed a beat
Really? That's good to know. I have an EFest 2 cell one that seems to be still going strong after a year. Cheap and cheerful, but would ideally like to get a slightly better one for 4 cells.

Really? That's good to know. I have an EFest 2 cell one that seems to be still going strong after a year. Cheap and cheerful, but would ideally like to get a slightly better one for 4 cells.
Xtar or Gyrfalcon would be my choice. Good solid chargers. If you need stuff like discharge/charge cycle for questionable cells you'll pay more. Easiest way to check cell performance on most chargers is check charge time. If one cell is charging significantly quicker than others it's likely its capacity has reduced over time.

Xtar or Gyrfalcon would be my choice. Good solid chargers. If you need stuff like discharge/charge cycle for questionable cells you'll pay more. Easiest way to check cell performance on most chargers is check charge time. If one cell is charging significantly quicker than others it's likely its capacity has reduced over time.
It is actually doing that. Was just looking on Fogstar. Reckon I'll order one of these on Fogstar Friday....
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/products/xtar-vc4-charger-4-bay

Back
Top Bottom