What's new

Light is the creator and destroyer of color

Zippy0

Achiever
As many of you guys most likely already know, direct sunlight is not really optimal for liquid.
I have in the past left some concentrates by mistake right on my window ledge over the weekend and they turned from clear to a comparatively dark brown color.
That was to be expected....

But yesterday I left a bottle of self-mixed Jungle Wave Purple Sunrise on my tabletop.
You can look up a picture of that concentrate, it is a dark purple color and the mixed liquid is a pretty full purple color too.
After one single day on the top of my table (pretty bright room, but not standing in the blazing hot sun) it went fully clear! Not even a single bit of purple is left!
I have had this liquid for probably around 10 months now, and the color never faded with it being in my cupboard most of the time. One day on the top of my table and all the color vanished!

I won't complain, as I don't really care for that whatsoever, but it for sure showed me once more, why you should store your liquids in a dark spot.....

It might be that whatever compound is responsible for the purple colour is particularly sensitive to light.

Our Ceasefire flavour goes from completely clear to bright yellow too - no colours added to do it but it's an odd yet cool thing to watch over a period of weeks and months during summer.

Back
Top Bottom