What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Kanthal A1 26ga + 32ga Clapton Single Coil build

Another issue that i have its that if i take a long puff lets say more than 4 second i get a burned taste . Is coil the reason for that ? Are Watts and Ohm in proportion or if i say more persistence lower watts?

Last edited:
Another issue that i have its that if i take a long puff lets say more than 4 second i get a burned taste . Is coil the reason for that ?
It could either be because the power is a little bit too high for taking a long drag or it could be the wicking. Maybe try using just a little bit less cotton in the juice slots. Slightly thinner cotton tails can help it to wick faster.

It could either be because the power is a little bit too high for taking a long drag or it could be the wicking. Maybe try using just a little bit less cotton in the juice slots. Slightly thinner cotton tails can help it to wick faster.

My current coil readings are 0.65 ohm and i vape with 33wats should i lower my watts a litlle bit more maybe?

My current coil readings are 0.65 ohm and i vape with 33wats should i lower my watts a litlle bit more maybe?
The power level sounds OK. Depends on the type of coil tho just as much as the coils resistance. Four seconds is quite a long drag. I would probably start with trying to speed the wicking up a bit and try using a little less cotton in the juice wells. Or you could try turning the power up a little bit so the coil heats up faster, produces more vapour faster and then take a slightly shorter drag. My drag time is usually around 2 to 3 seconds.

Hi Mitz

While iam waiting for my coils to arrive i will try to make some coils . So i have clapton wire KanthalA1 Ni80 and i am not sure how many turns should i made and is there anything else i should pay attention to?

Attachments

• clapton wire.jpg
    clapton wire.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Hi Mitz

While iam waiting for my coils to arrive i will try to make some coils . So i have clapton wire KanthalA1 Ni80 and i am not sure how many turns should i made and is there anything else i should pay attention to?

Hi Roman.

If you build it 3mm internal diameter and 5 wraps it will be around 0.65 ohm.

When you wrap a coil you can do it two different ways so you end up with the legs on one side or the other. With the Zeus it's better to have the legs one particular way so that you don't have to twist the coil so much to get it straight in between the two airflow pillars.

Instead of holding the bar and holding the wire in front of the bar and wrapping the coil away from you hold the wire and then the bar on top and wrap the coils towards you. It will put the legs in the right place.

When you install the coil on the Zeus you'll see that there are 3 rows of air holes on each pillar. Set the coil so it is straight between the two pillars and the top row of air holes is in line with the middle of the coil or there abouts. You don't want the coil to be too low.

Any problems let me know.

This is a very handy tool for working out coil resistance... https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

Hi Roman.

If you build it 3mm internal diameter and 5 wraps it will be around 0.65 ohm.

When you wrap a coil you can do it two different ways so you end up with the legs on one side or the other. With the Zeus it's better to have the legs one particular way so that you don't have to twist the coil so much to get it straight in between the two airflow pillars.

Instead of holding the bar and holding the wire in front of the bar and wrapping the coil away from you hold the wire and then the bar on top and wrap the coils towards you. It will put the legs in the right place.

When you install the coil on the Zeus you'll see that there are 3 rows of air holes on each pillar. Set the coil so it is straight between the two pillars and the top row of air holes is in line with the middle of the coil or there abouts. You don't want the coil to be too low.

Any problems let me know.

This is a very handy tool for working out coil resistance... https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

Hi Mitz

I've been working on my coil and i must say that it is almost perfect . All your directions was absolutly perfect looks like you are a pro :) . So the taste of juice is close to perfection and the drag time increased without burning taste so again thank you m8.
The bad news is that my order has not been shiped yet they are restocking coils . Do you know if there is anyother store in the EU that i could placed an order?

Thanks

Have a nice weekend

Roman

Hi Mitz

I've been working on my coil and i must say that it is almost perfect . All your directions was absolutly perfect looks like you are a pro :) . So the taste of juice is close to perfection and the drag time increased without burning taste so again thank you m8.
The bad news is that my order has not been shiped yet they are restocking coils . Do you know if there is anyother store in the EU that i could placed an order?

Thanks

Have a nice weekend

Roman
Hey Roman.

That's brilliant mate. Glad I could be of help. :)

The Geekvape fused claptons can be bought from ebay and amazon. But I've only ever seen the Howing fused clapton plus parallel on FT. They currently have them in stock if you buy them in a 10 pack....

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10015376/7705201

Cheers,
Mitz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom