What's new

I've let myself down again.

yes, you have .... go and stand in the corner for 15 minutes.

Dirty smoker. ;)

LOL. :18: The only leaves I've touched in the last 48 hours have been the tea variety. You're all my 'Number 1's' now. Back to the vApes for me!

@Social Misfit, thank you for the nice post and the welcome, the warmth displayed on here to each other by total strangers has been nothing short of amazing. Everybody can take so much credit. It really restores your faith in things.

I have nothing much to add. Just look after yourself @Astral and get through as best you can. Whatever helps you for now just do it and you can always regroup later.

Now we're all acquainted and everybody has been so understanding and tolerant of me, I feel Its only polite to let you know my situation a little more so the original post makes more sense to you and that anybody else with similar problems knows it's okay to be more open about them now too.

Even though this is a pseudonymous account, I still felt too uncomfortable and reserved to do it before.

Anyway, my problems largely stem from the fact that I am on the Autistic spectrum and have long-term co-morbid mental health issues that have resulted in physical complications including 'disordered eating' - which saw me hospitalised four times last year with near liver failure, neutropenia and sepsis - and a bad hip that occurred after a bad fall and botched operation while in there that has left me in constant pain and walking on crutches.

I now have to have fortnightly blood tests to keep my liver and white blood cell count (neutropenia) in check, and live in fear of it all happening again.

My health is never going to be perfect because of my underlying autism and psychological problems but the physical symptoms have worsened recently which is extremely distubing for me as I really went through the mill before.

I thought it only polite to let you know after you've all been so kind and accepting of me, and so that anybody else with these sorts of problems knows it's okay to talk more openly about them now and people won't judge them for it.

Society has changed for the better over the last few years and this board is a great demonstration of that.

So, best wishes, love, hugs and kisses to all of you, and may you all be accepted and understood for who you are too.

Brilliant post @Astral. Even if we can't be there to fix everything for you we can at least give that bit of moral support and a safe place to vent knowing you're amongst friends. Hopefully you can get whatever medical help that will help improve things for you as well as any thoughts, suggestions or ideas any of us can think of too. Sending you all my good wishes and I'm glad you found us on here. :)

Thank you @MarylinC37, I wanted to post these things mostly to show others that it's okay to be yourself and nobody should feel they need to hide.

There's a lot of us about and everybody is different in some way.

I just want to echo what @MarylinC37 has said. A brilliant post, brave and open and maybe others will see this and know it's ok to tell their story. We can't fix anything but we will be here to support you and it is ok to come here and vent or say whatever you need to get off your chest without judgement, we're all friends here and are here for you if you need us.
I hope you get the medical help you need and hope things can improve for you. You're a good man and I wish you peace and happiness.

Astral you are a lovely person you are able to write so beautifully, BIG HUGS to you.

For me it doesn't matter what afflictions/ conditions you have. You have already shown yourself to be a warm and caring member of this community. Also it takes some bravery to just spill the beans like that. Respect to you @Astral .

And after all that the blood test was cancelled. I've got to wait until the 28th now, just to add to the stress.

Thank goodness for the vaping. It just about managed to keep me off the evil leaf last night but it wasn't easy.

Still, I got to have a nice afternoon looking after nextdoor's little 'un.

Peace and much gratitude, my friends.

IMG_20200916_171011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom