What's new

Is there a higher Ohm coil for the Baby Beast tank?

BumpenGrinder

Hello

I've been using a Smok Baby Beast tank (on an Eleaf Pico 25 mod) with various coils for a while but all sub-Ohm. I am starting to feel the need to tone things down a bit - I like flavour but I'd prefer it without the heat and clouds.

I tried a mate's higher Ohm device recently and I rather liked it (dunno what it was except that it was a mod running at 7W). I'd rather not have to buy a new tank/mod however. Which gets me to the point - is there a high-ohm (>1 Ohm) coil that will fit in the BB?

Thanks

Hello

I've been using a Smok Baby Beast tank (on an Eleaf Pico 25 mod) with various coils for a while but all sub-Ohm. I am starting to feel the need to tone things down a bit - I like flavour but I'd prefer it without the heat and clouds.

I tried a mate's higher Ohm device recently and I rather liked it (dunno what it was except that it was a mod running at 7W). I'd rather not have to buy a new tank/mod however. Which gets me to the point - is there a high-ohm (>1 Ohm) coil that will fit in the BB?

Thanks
Nope.
Unless you buy the RBA deck and build it.
Hi and welcome btw.

highest I know of is .6 , you had best find out what you tried

You don't need a new mod, just a tank. The BB is designed for lower ohm coils and bigger clouds.

Some tanks you can find compatible coils from other models

eg: Innokin SlipStream is DTL sub ohm but you can fit a pocketmod 1.2 ohm coil in there

Yeah it kinda works, lower watts & all that but nahhh it doesn't quite work
as it doesn't make it a real MTL tank - still too airy & cloudy even nigh on closed up

That is why they sell sub ohm or DTL stuff & also dedicated MTL tanks
you can use sub ohm coils in MTL tanks as well btw proving it isn't just the coil/wattage
But really in fact it is about the tank itself than just coil/watts

Kinda hard to explain maybe - might have confused you a bit more, but I did my best to explain it
(soz if ya more confused now)

Last edited:
Nope.
Unless you buy the RBA deck and build it.
Hi and welcome btw.

Hello & thank you @StrawberryRipple. I do have the RBA unit for the BB, but I haven't quite got it into use yet (turns-out an adapter kit is required to get the right glass length for the EU version BB (NB Vape Inc neglect to mention this in their description... despite knowing about it).

Can you suggest which type/gauge of wire might be a good starting point for higher Ohms?

You don't need a new mod, just a tank. The BB is designed for lower ohm coils and bigger clouds.

Yeah it kinda works, lower watts & all that but nahhh it doesn't quite work
as it doesn't make it a real MTL tank - still too airy & cloudy even nigh on closed up

(soz if ya more confused now)

Not confused, clarified, thank you both.

Guess I'll start shopping for an MTL tank... any recommendations? !

I may as well have a play with making high Ohm coils since I have the RBA, but I know not to expect too much, given your advice.

Thank you all BTW - I have been an observer to these forums for a while and it is nice to be in.

Hello & thank you @StrawberryRipple. I do have the RBA unit for the BB, but I haven't quite got it into use yet (turns-out an adapter kit is required to get the right glass length for the EU version BB (NB Vape Inc neglect to mention this in their description... despite knowing about it).

Can you suggest which type/gauge of wire might be a good starting point for higher Ohms?
You'll need to bare in mind the rba deck for the bb will be small so will need small coils.
I'd suggest 7 wraps of ss 28g paired will come out @0.44ohms ish.

Last edited:
Not confused, clarified, thank you both.

Guess I'll start shopping for an MTL tank... any recommendations? !

I may as well have a play with making high Ohm coils since I have the RBA, but I know not to expect too much, given your advice.

Thank you all BTW - I have been an observer to these forums for a while and it is nice to be in.

Stock coil tank - Zenith

RTA - Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA or Ehpro True, or others - see top 5 MTL tanks

Back
Top Bottom