What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Is SMOK bad?

yeah 200w version only !!!!!!!!!!
serveimage (22).jpg

Mate that thing had not 1 thing in It's favour. It should be the benchmark "how not to make a mod"!
ur talking about the p222 version surely

the 200w is solid

:D nice thread u posted mate lol looked fun

but that's the p222 a different mod

Last edited:
I'm looking for a mod that can take 2 batteries.
The new Smok species looks good.

But it seems like many vaper hates Smok brand.

Is it bad quality?

Or can anyone recommend a good and not so big mod with 2 batteries?
Smok isn't a bad company.

In fact i would say these new mods are pretty well made. I have the E priv and personally can't fault the device. Most Smok devices are fine and work well, you get bad ones but every mod has the chance to be bad in all honesty. I have seen many cases of the voopoo drag failing or the asmudis minikin and everyone had one of them

If you like the look of the mod then get it. Unfortunatly the Prince tank isn't as good as others on the market and there you will have issues. Hell i championed the tank until i got the E Priv and the double mesh coil dry hitting under the limit which made me question how good it was.

But if you want to consider another device....

Modefined Sirius 200w.

Made by the 150 pound mod company but costs around 40 quid, best mod i ever owned.

@hilfiger . Personally i would avoid Smok and Ijoy but thats me and from bad experiences with their products.
What to buy. A DNA chipped device or a Yihi chipped device. The Voopoo Drag is a cheaper solution as is something with the VO200 chip like the Asvape Michael.
DNA's may be a little more expensive than Smok but you are getting better value for money.
At the end of the day it is yor money to spend but i would spend it wisely. The GTRS Vboy is a ggod choice with a Yihi sx500 colour screen chip and its as good as the £200 Yihi g class.

ur talking about the p222 version surely

the 200w is solid

:D nice thread u posted mate lol looked fun

but that's the p222 a different mod
Yeah for sure mate. The P222. Even the best get something badly wrong now n then. I love detecting and reckon Minelab make the best in the world detectors. But man did they once get one shockingly wrong. The GP Extreme. Went shallower than its predecessors:18: They did learn from that mistake though I'll give them that. As can anyone who listens and learns from their mistakes. :thumbup:

I've been very happy with my Smok R200, but I don't think they've been made for a while now. Pretty solid, dependable piece of kit for me.

Though I have replaced it with an eleaf invoke as its quite large.

I'm looking for a mod that can take 2 batteries.
The new Smok species looks good.

But it seems like many vaper hates Smok brand.

Is it bad quality?

Or can anyone recommend a good and not so big mod with 2 batteries?

Buy what you like mate. If you like SMOK then get one. If it breaks, get another. That's the joys of consumerism these days.

I've had a Voopoo Drag and it became a brick within 7 months. Won't buy one again. All manufacturers will have the odd mod that fails. You just seem to see more reports of it with SMOK ones so I'd say they have a greater chance of failing.

Theres many alternatives gtrs is only 20 odd quid if u can wait and many apes have got 1 with no complaints. I wouldnt buy a smok only because many have faults like not turning on not reading atomisers.

Back
Top Bottom