What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Is high VG bad for diabetics

Reggiec

Coil Maker
I am diabetic type 2, I was just wondering if high VG would be bad. As I have been getting a dry mouth, sore throat and a tight chest. And the juice doesn’t taste as nice as it did when I first got it.

I was a Type 2 and never found that it really impacted on me, but of course we are all different. I am sure others will no doubt have more useful suggestions. :)

Hello Reggiec :)

I'm also T2 Diabetic and have been vaping just over 6 years with no effect on my blood sugars. I'm using eliquids between 70VG and 85VG in my direct to lung RTA's again with no effect on my blood sugars.

There may be many different influencing factors on your symptoms as well as the flavour drop from your eliquid.

Tell us a bit more info on your vape device and style of vaping. Also the liquid, tank and coils you're using.

If you're concerned about the symptoms you've mentioned then it's best you consult with your GP.

Your lungs do not metabolise what you breathe in like your system would do via ingestion.

Hello Reggiec :)

I'm also T2 Diabetic and have been vaping just over 6 years with no effect on my blood sugars. I'm using eliquids between 70VG and 85VG in my direct to lung RTA's again with no effect on my blood sugars.

There may be many different influencing factors on your symptoms as well as the flavour drop from your eliquid.

Tell us a bit more info on your vape device and style of vaping. Also the liquid, tank and coils you're using.

If you're concerned about the symptoms you've mentioned then it's best you consult with your GP.
I have a Cool FIre Ultra, and use various types of tanks for my DTL ,with my home made Fused Clapton Coils.
For my MTL I use Mechanical mods with the Kayfun Lite original only, with my own coils. And have been using my own coils for about 10 years.
And never had a problem with 50/50 juices for years that is why I ask about 70vg/30 pg.
I have been making my own juice but due to my other illness I got some juice from SMKD. I’m beginning to think it is the juice.

I have a Cool FIre Ultra, and use various types of tanks for my DTL ,with my home made Fused Clapton Coils.
For my MTL I use Mechanical mods with the Kayfun Lite original only, with my own coils. And have been using my own coils for about 10 years.
And never had a problem with 50/50 juices for years that is why I ask about 70vg/30 pg.
I have been making my own juice but due to my other illness I got some juice from SMKD. I’m beginning to think it is the juice.

Cheers for the detailed reply :)

You're clearly an experienced vaper so I think you may be right about the juice. Might just be something in it that doesn't agree with you. I have heard of people having problems with high PG liquids but not high VG but I guess it's possible!

Sorry I've not been of much help.

I hope your health improves.

Might be worth looking at your nic. I had a really tight chest (moreso than usual) and by trial and error found I have some sort of intolerance to a solvent they use in nic production.

Back
Top Bottom