What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Innokin Proton 235W Kit W/ Scion 2

Jonthan22

Postman
Hi all,

Looking to buy another mod and been reading about the Innokin Proton Scion 2, and it won this award and that award etc.
It looks nice and the price is decent BUT I have read some reports that the mod lasts 2-3 months at best and then starts failing, reading battery % wrong, white screening, not firing etc.

Has anyone had any experience with this mod and was it good or bad? Please let me know!

Thanks,

Hi all,

Looking to buy another mod and been reading about the Innokin Proton Scion 2, and it won this award and that award etc.
It looks nice and the price is decent BUT I have read some reports that the mod lasts 2-3 months at best and then starts failing, reading battery % wrong, white screening, not firing etc.

Has anyone had any experience with this mod and was it good or bad? Please let me know!

Thanks,
Hi mate. I have the Scion 2 and actually Frankentanked it by putting the base of the Plex tank on it with the Plex Tip. Absolutely love it and the coils. Those Plex coils take everything you throw at them, super sweet juice, chain vaping. But, at the time I got them I did see numerous issues with the Proton mod and too many for my liking so didn't get it. Ok, I may not be really able to judge it because of that, that I didn't get one or own one, but for me there was too much smoke not to be a fire if you get what I mean. There's probably some out there that are ok, but I saw way too many complaints. Love the coils and my Frankenstein tank though. :thumbup:

but for me there was too much smoke not to be a fire if you get what I mean
That is what is worrying me, too many people reporting the same issue for it to be nothing. Maybe I will just look for something else for now.......
Thanks for replying

That is what is worrying me, too many people reporting the same issue for it to be nothing. Maybe I will just look for something else for now.......
Thanks for replying
Not a problem. I had the opportunity to get one on a sale for 1/3 of retail. But after searching and seeing too many issues I didn't bother. For what you need, put up a another thread title here on this forum asking your requirements for a mod. There's a lot of switched on people here with some good advice. Eg "I need a new mod that does ...... ....... ...... "
Cheers mate.

Not a problem. I had the opportunity to get one on a sale for 1/3 of retail. But after searching and seeing too many issues I didn't bother. For what you need, put up a another thread title here on this forum asking your requirements for a mod. There's a lot of switched on people here with some good advice. Eg "I need a new mod that does ...... ....... ...... "
Cheers mate.
Thanks, will do

Not had any issues with my Proton. Can't remember how long I've had it but I bought it on release. Also would recommend Vaporesso Luxe mod.

My brother got through two protons since Xmas. With the first one the screen failed and the 2nd I'm not sure on. Shame. Lovely mod but I'd stay clear

I have this kit and been using it for around 7-8 months and not had one problem with it. The mesh plexus coils can take a hammering and the flavour doesn't drop throughout coil life. The only slight problem I have at the moment is the slide fill on the tank isn't as secure as it was at first, but think it's just down to wear and tear.

Oh and one thing that did piss me off a bit though is that it allows for downloadable firmware, and given how long it's been out now, there's still no updates!

Back
Top Bottom