What's new

Importing from the US

It crept up over the period I used them. Started off around $25 then $30 and I think it was about $33 when I stopped using them. They were very good tho. It was breazy.com. Just had a look and for the same amount of liquid now it's $71 minimum for USPS. :11:

Ouch, looks like the shipping costs more than the juice.

Give it a shot - you never know, your order may turn up before 1st January 2021 when the vendor's disclaimer was still valid...

I'll fire up the Tardis. I've no idea how HMRC can force overseas vendors to collect VAT for them when selling to UK based customers.

I'll fire up the Tardis. I've no idea how HMRC can force overseas vendors to collect VAT for them when selling to UK based customers.

It's just import rules - other countries do exactly the same thing. It's only causing problems now because we've only just introduced it.

Companies that wish to sell into those countries (now including the UK) have to register locally and collect.

If they don't register, their goods are either returned or destroyed.

It works almost the same way as those import tariffs that make crowds chant "USA USA" ;)

On the face of it, it's designed to protect UK companies from the 'unfair' competition of sellers who are not subject to the same taxation.

The cynic in me thinks it's more likely that the treasury just want to make sure they get a cut of everything...

ordered once from usa to uk and never again.
cant remember the exact amounts but for a 50ml bottle it was almost £60 to get it in my hand.
think it was around $22 for the bottle and $12 for delivery.
i then got stung with 20% import vat duty and then £17 for dhl handling fee.

ordered once from usa to uk and never again.
cant remember the exact amounts but for a 50ml bottle it was almost £60 to get it in my hand.
think it was around $22 for the bottle and $12 for delivery.
i then got stung with 20% import vat duty and then £17 for dhl handling fee.

"And then it was horrible and I tipped it down the sink" :18:

It should actually be easier under the new rules if the vendor sticks to the rules - everything should be paid so there's no surprises later.

"And then it was horrible and I tipped it down the sink" :18:

It should actually be easier under the new rules if the vendor sticks to the rules - everything should be paid so there's no surprises later.
LMAO no it was actually quite nice and still not available in the uk.
Image3908105595749444047.jpg

I’ve just had an order from FedEx ‘returned to shipper’ (which was Billet Box). The stated reason is ‘restricted commodity’. Having looked at the list of such items I can only guess it’s been classified as a ‘tobacco product’.Obviously I’ll wait to see why but any ideas why it’s been deemed a restricted commodity?

I’ve just had an order from FedEx ‘returned to shipper’ (which was Billet Box). The stated reason is ‘restricted commodity’. Having looked at the list of such items I can only guess it’s been classified as a ‘tobacco product’.Obviously I’ll wait to see why but any ideas why it’s been deemed a restricted commodity?

Is the tank capacity more than 2ml?

Is the tank capacity more than 2ml?

Yeah, I think the boro holds about 5ml. But it appears that this might be a tax issue. I’m waiting to hear from BB but it looks like we won’t be able to buy billet box’s directly anymore

My be worth trying to obtain the ECID for it

Back
Top Bottom