What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ijoy captain PD270 multi coloured back panel???

220TC

Postman
Hi,

Gonna get myself an ijoy captain PD270 in black but have noticed that some have a multi coloured pattern on the back panel where as some are all black??? Are these from different batches or something? Don't want to order a black one only to find it has a coloured panel on the back!

Cheers,

Dunc

Hi there.

If you're referring to the panels on both sides of the display, they are merely stickers. If you ordered the black one then it will come with black, carbon fibre style stickers on it like in the picture. The multicoloured ones are optional extras you can buy to jazz up your Cap'n if you wish but I haven't come across many shops that sell them. Also incase you're wondering about the durability of the stickers, I can say from personal experience that they seem to be just fine. I've had my Captain in use for a good 2 months now, have had lots of hand sweating during the hot days and a few juice spillages on them and they still look like brand new with no wear or peeling.

Hope this helps to put your mind at ease.

Hi mate no it's the panel on the back with Captain PD270 written on it, I've attached a pic hopefully it's worked, one shop I spoke to said the ones they were selling had the multi coloured back and one shop wasn't sure, I think the boxes are sealed maybe and they didn't want to open one to check?

Attachments

• 201708071126077602.jpg
    201708071126077602.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 147
Hi mate no it's the panel on the back with Captain PD270 written on it, I've attached a pic hopefully it's worked, one shop I spoke to said the ones they were selling had the multi coloured back and one shop wasn't sure, I think the boxes are sealed maybe and they didn't want to open one to check?

Hmm not sure what that is although I have seen that image before but both sides on mine have the glossy black finish.

I think the first/early runs of the PD270 have the plain back (mine certainly does), and the later ones have the colourful one.

It might be worth trying somewhere like FastTech and opening a ticket to ask what colour the ones they have are on the back. As long as they understand your question, they will find out for you @220TC [emoji4]

Hi,

Gonna get myself an ijoy captain PD270 in black but have noticed that some have a multi coloured pattern on the back panel where as some are all black??? Are these from different batches or something? Don't want to order a black one only to find it has a coloured panel on the back!

Cheers,

Dunc

I got mine delivered today and had wanted the plain black, not a fan of the colour.

Hi there.

If you're referring to the panels on both sides of the display, they are merely stickers. If you ordered the black one then it will come with black, carbon fibre style stickers on it like in the picture. The multicoloured ones are optional extras you can buy to jazz up your Cap'n if you wish but I haven't come across many shops that sell them. Also incase you're wondering about the durability of the stickers, I can say from personal experience that they seem to be just fine. I've had my Captain in use for a good 2 months now, have had lots of hand sweating during the hot days and a few juice spillages on them and they still look like brand new with no wear or peeling.

Hope this helps to put your mind at ease.

Doesn't feel like a "Sticker" to me in any ordinary sense of the word "sticker". Feels like some kind of plastic inlay. Doesn't seem to be something I can just peel off.

I know, i wondered if anywhere maybe sold the original panel i could heat and pull off the hideous one and glue the nice one but cant find it anywhere, just stickers for the side grips.

A 2nd issue to people who actually have it, ive been USB charging it for the past few days until i get 2 spare to rotate in my charger... the word 'CHARGING' is always broken pixel'd each time i plug it in, sometimes some are missing, sometimes re-arranged... just mine? :S

A 2nd issue to people who actually have it, ive been USB charging it for the past few days until i get 2 spare to rotate in my charger... the word 'CHARGING' is always broken pixel'd each time i plug it in, sometimes some are missing, sometimes re-arranged... just mine? :S

Not an issue on mine, have you tried to upgrade the firmware ? That might sort it out but be warned, the iJoy firmware update is a fiddly process and the instructions are translated by someone whose only grasp of the English language is based on a film he or she saw at the age of 6. Follow his instructions closely if you decide to upgrade

Back
Top Bottom