What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How would you position an oval coil?

ScottishDuck13

Postman
Morning everyone!

Keep meaning to try out a dual oval coil build, (wrapped around 2 side by side bits) to see what its like. Just wondering how people think the best way to position these in a side airflow RDA would be...

Would be either horizontally like ---
vertically like |
or at an angle either / with top pointing at the airflow or \ with top pointing back at the posts...

Sorry for the lines, obviously they would be more like 0 but couldnt think how else to put it haha

Thinking maybe 1 really big vertical right down the centre of the Drop might be pretty good.

Any thoughts?... ideas?... anyone tried that has feedback?

Knew there would be one hahaha... thanks for that crucial peice of helpful information there MrNumpty! :clapping::rotflmao:

I would try vertical first - but you are obviously now ready to explore the realm of advanced coils:

Well, to answer the original question, I would say place the oval coil horizontally, to have a smother airflow passing over it. I'm sure there will be many different opinions and the only thing to do is to try the different placements and see.

Those 'advanced' coils would be sticking out of the drip tip, you'll have to be clean shaven not to burn your tash off :)

PS: Why do they have a Sythe in the background in the Advnaced Coil clip? Must need it to cut the wire mesh, clippers just won't do :18:

Anyhow, this really brings home that we need perfectly spherical coils to resolve this dilemma!

Well, to answer the original question, I would say place the oval coil horizontally, to have a smother airflow passing over it. I'm sure there will be many different opinions and the only thing to do is to try the different placements and see.

Those 'advanced' coils would be sticking out of the drip tip, you'll have to be clean shaven not to burn your tash off :)

PS: Why do they have a Sythe in the background in the Advnaced Coil clip? Must need it to cut the wire mesh, clippers just won't do :18:

Anyhow, this really brings home that we need perfectly spherical coils to resolve this dilemma!

Yeah see my thinking is placing it horizontally, the end closest to the posts might not keep cool enough (could be wrong)...

Vertically one side would get plenty air but the back wouldnt...

Diagonal with top pointing to airholes would force the air down and vice versa pointing the other way.

trying to think of the best RDA to try this in then will share some pics

Yeah see my thinking is placing it horizontally, the end closest to the posts might not keep cool enough (could be wrong)...

Vertically one side would get plenty air but the back wouldnt...

Diagonal with top pointing to airholes would force the air down and vice versa pointing the other way.

trying to think of the best RDA to try this in then will share some pics

Just occurred to me, you need to think about the wick as well. It'll probably sit better in a horizontal oval coil, if you place coil pointy bit vertically the wick might sag and not make good contact at the top.

Back
Top Bottom