What's new

How often to change wick?

My coil is black and gunky looking as well. Was fine when I was using a less sweet juice but this juice just gunks up the cotton and coil.
Dry burn the coil with some gentle pulses to glow it, allow to cool, then I brush mine with an old toothbrush :D

I do the same, works a treat
I'll give that a whirl when I get my new juice and change the cotton.

Must say I'm enjoying this building malarkey...used to be scared lol

Ha, it's all a lot easier than it first seems! If you properly maintain the coil by cleaning residue then it can last for ages. One of my coils has been going for nearly a month now!

I do the same, works a treat

Ha, it's all a lot easier than it first seems! If you properly maintain the coil by cleaning odd residue then it can last for ages. One of my coils has been going for nearly a month now!

It's much better than a sub ohm tank, and more enjoyable. Every vape is more enjoyable and enjoying my juice more.

Just time to start trying new coils, cotton, drippers etc. Could get pricey lol

It's much better than a sub ohm tank, and more enjoyable. Every vape is more enjoyable and enjoying my juice more.

Just time to start trying new coils, cotton, drippers etc. Could get pricey lol

That's the main problem mate, you end up spending a fortune. There's always something else to buy, that you don't need and is almost identical to what you have! All part of the fun though!

That's the main problem mate, you end up spending a fortune. There's always something else to buy, that you don't need and is almost identical to what you have!

But I suppose its better than buying different sub ohm tanks to stumble across pricey coils that are bang average. At least this way its pricey but enjoyable.

I mean, I'll need more than one dripper just to compare with something and then when something new comes out I'll have to invest and so on. Be rude not to lol

Set yourself a vape budget and stick to it, as long as it's less than you spent on ciggies, your pocket and your health are the winners :)

But I suppose its better than buying different sub ohm tanks to stumble across pricey coils that are bang average. At least this way its pricey but enjoyable.

I mean, I'll need more than one dripper just to compare with something and then when something new comes out I'll have to invest and so on. Be rude not to lol

Couldn't agree more, I used to spend a fortune on stock coils that you knew would only last a few days. Don't mind a few quid here or there on something I want to try.

Couldn't agree more, I used to spend a fortune on stock coils that you knew would only last a few days. Don't mind a few quid here or there on something I want to try.

Yeah the stock coils were awful as a whole, some decent ones here and there, but as long as I'm enjoying the juice I'll spend less in the long term.

Anything better than the old cancer sticks though mate.

Changing wicks....

1. new vapers...
When you fancy doing it... anywhere between 2 hrs and 2 days

2. experienced vapers...
When the flavour becomes muted depending on the juice maybe a week... week and a half...

3. veteren vapers...
When you can be bothered or when the wick is so burnt up it detaches from the coil... possibly a couple of weeks or more but then it depends how many devices you have in your rotation!!

Changing wicks....

1. new vapers...
When you fancy doing it... anywhere between 2 hrs and 2 days

2. experienced vapers...
When the flavour becomes muted depending on the juice maybe a week... week and a half...

3. veteren vapers...
When you can be bothered or when the wick is so burnt up it detaches from the coil... possibly a couple of weeks or more but then it depends how many devices you have in your rotation!!

Yaaassssss!!! I'm a veteran!!!!! Woohoo!!!

And there was me thinking I was just lazy, ha!

For me, it's exactly the same as knowing when to change my pants. The colour is everything

Light and fresh? Good for another sesh icon_razz.gif

Dark and tarnished? Change them sharpish icon_eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom