What's new

how long will eliquid last before gong off?

tonylfc

Initiate
I bought a good brand e liquid for a silly price. I'm curious how long does a bottle last before going off?

I'm guessing it will arrive looking like tar, but taking a chance.

Eliquid manufacturers will generally state a use by date of a year......but should be good for a lot longer....the problem is nobody usually keeps juice for any great length of time....so don't worry too much...vape it

I recently discussed this elsewhere..cos i bought some cheap out of date stock, now coming up to a year passed it's sell by date....and you know what, it's perfectly fine! Better maybe..since it's had all that time to steep.

Some apes in here have got ejuice thats several years old...and they've had no probs with it! It does depend on the ingredients used..as some might 'go off' perhaps..but generally most are fine. The only issue is, as the juice gets older, the nic strenght may lessen a tad..but that's about it.

So buy it, and vape it mate!

Last edited:
It will be fine ive used juice past its sell by date by 2 years before now and like others say the taste just got better so just vape it mate and enjoy it........

ive got some custard liquid here thats about 1 & half years old, as long as it tastes ok & no serious smell when you open it you should be ok.

This doesn't quite answer your question but I vaguely recall a few years ago on another forum a flavourart rep mentioning he was using FA concentrates that were a few years past the best before date and they all tasted fine. I think thats the main ingredient that could go bad.

He seemed very knowledgeable and was convinced they were all fine for vaping.

I'm due to pick up a load of my old mixing stuff from a friends I left them with a couple of years back and I intend on using the ones that smell like I think they should.

I wouldn't worry about it if they taste ok but that doesn't mean they're definitely safe so it's down to your discretion.

Yeh as above i vaped some recently that's over 2 years old, it's darkened a bit but vapes fine.

I don't think it does really 'go off' not like food does anyway. It may lose flavour, change flavour or the nicotine might deteriorate but it's not going to 'go bad' as such I don't think.

I've vaped a Custard that was rolling around in @Huggett car boot for many years, it tasted like one of the best custards ever.

I've vaped a Custard that was rolling around in @Huggett car boot for many years, it tasted like one of the best custards ever.
Ahh, The Doughnut King.

I hate custards [emoji1], quite partial to a taste of that 2-3 year old custard once in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom