What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How do you adjust ohms on a smok mag ??

So I registered just to help, not only you, but everyone else on this thread who has no idea what you're talking about but I know exactly what you're talking about. When I first operated the SMOK mag, the first thing it asked me was if it was a new or old coil, which is the setting that you're looking for. The only way you can get to that setting is by removing your tank and pressing the fire key. Itll tell you there is no atomizer. After that, screw your tank back on and press the fire key. Your new coils ohms will be displayed in the new coil option and you select New Coil. Hope this has helped everybody.
So I registered just to help, not only you, but everyone else on this thread who has no idea what you're talking about but I know exactly what you're talking about. When I first operated the SMOK mag, the first thing it asked me was if it was a new or old coil, which is the setting that you're looking for. The only way you can get to that setting is by removing your tank and pressing the fire key. Itll tell you there is no atomizer. After that, screw your tank back on and press the fire key. Your new coils ohms will be displayed in the new coil option and you select New Coil. Hope this has helped everybody.
No seriously hold down the top key and the trigger and u can adjust ur ohms

Didnt really want to wake up a sleeping post but i couldnt find anything more recent on this.

i would like to thank the people that posted how to do this on the Smok Mag.

my reason for needing to change the resistance shown is that while in TC mode after changing the baterries the box reread the resistance of the warm coil making the resistance not correct. this made the tcr not beable to read the tc correctly causing the coil to over heat past my set temp. i had to go in and drop the resistance down from 0.125 back down to 0.118 so the temp would read right.

not sure why that small of a change made the temp completly jacked up and way overheat the coil but whatever im glad i found this post.

btw dealing with 316 SS notch coil TCR set at 60 (seems to be the perfect TCR for the Smok Mag to run a notch coil in tc mode when the resistance is set correctly)
Unscrew tank. Fire so it detects no coil and then screw back on and it should ask you to change

Everyone saying "why would you do this????" or "sounds stupid" or other uninformed information. Just because you think there is no reason to adjust ohm readout doesn't mean there isn't. If you build your coils on a deck with resistance testing, you're gonna get a very accurate reading and not a pulse reading that will always be different and sometimes way off. have you ever taken your tank off and put back on and all of a sudden your mod is asking if there's a new coil with a different ohm reading? if you know the true ohms for your coils, be able able to adjust from the automatic bs is gonna give you way more consistent results. And as far as using it outside of TC mode, stainless steel coils work in both TC mode as well as wattage mode, and unless cold, you'll never get an accurate reading automatically with them.

Everyone saying "why would you do this????" or "sounds stupid" or other uninformed information. Just because you think there is no reason to adjust ohm readout doesn't mean there isn't. If you build your coils on a deck with resistance testing, you're gonna get a very accurate reading and not a pulse reading that will always be different and sometimes way off. have you ever taken your tank off and put back on and all of a sudden your mod is asking if there's a new coil with a different ohm reading? if you know the true ohms for your coils, be able able to adjust from the automatic bs is gonna give you way more consistent results. And as far as using it outside of TC mode, stainless steel coils work in both TC mode as well as wattage mode, and unless cold, you'll never get an accurate reading automatically with them.

righty ho :)

Back
Top Bottom