POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

How do you adjust ohms on a smok mag ??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Timthy, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Crewella

Crewella Olympian

...... and how would that be prolonging the battery life .....? :blondmoment:

2. Premier Ecigs
  3. speedfreek67

speedfreek67 Achiever

The VooPoo (boo, hiss!) Chip set, regarded by some to be second to only the DNA and YiHi chip sets, have the ability to adjust your ohms in temp control, to put it back to its room temp resistance.

Can this feature be abused? Probably, yes.

Is it dangerous?

Well, firstly regulated mods have a minimum resistance which defines their maximum amp draw. You cannot exceed that amp draw, theoretically.

So what you happen if you tell mod the resistance is lower than it actually is, but still in the safe range for amp draw?

For any given wattage, the voltage drawn from your batteries *decreases* as you go lower in ohms, whilst the amp draw increases.

But seeing how, in a regulated mod, the coil doesn't "pull" from the batteries, the board "pushes" the current into the coil, I don't see how you could exceed the safety limits of the mod.

If you are exceeding the safety limit of your battery by dropping the ohms, isn't this just the same danger as not using the right batteries for your coil anyway?

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. Major Hazzard

Major Hazzard Achiever

I think the minikin introduced this as it didn't do tc very well.. Still doesn't imho.

5. ALD Group
  6. Simon G

Simon G Legend

it wouldn't?

lol

the only way to prolong battery life on a regulated mod is to turn the power down.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Crewella

Crewella Olympian

Ah ........ roots need doing ..... ;)

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. FergieD

FergieD New Member

If the mag is locked, hold on if the two buttons on the front for a while and an ohms display will pop up, then use the buttons to adjust it up and down, then leave it and it will go away. Unlock it and the ohms should be at whatever you set them at

9. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

If you have a mod that is so shit that you need to guess what the resistance of your coil is and tell it, I think you’d be best to buy a new mod.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Abos

Abos New Member

If you hold down the up button while the mod is locked you can change the ohms

11. MrDJ

MrDJ Legend

but why would we want to do that. just to burn the coils out quicker.

12. Abos

Abos New Member

Well in my case the ohms didn’t automatically adjust so I was using a different mod. Then I was just playing around with the mag and found out they can be adjusted. Not everyone will need to adjust them it’s just important in some cases to know how to do it