What's new

How do you adjust ohms on a smok mag ??

Sounds dodgy to me. I get why you would set it in TC, apart from that I like my mod to read the resistance of the coil as accurately as possible.

I think it's idiotic to be frank. The resistance of the coil is the resistance of the coil, you shouldn't be adjusting it, especially to 'trick' the mod into firing.

What would be the reason to want to adjust the ohm reading? I don’t see a possible situation where a person could read the resistance more accurately than a machine...?

Honestly sometimes with these mods, you can let the mod adjust it but your hits will be weaker than if you changed it by .005 or .01 or so. At least in my experience. I pretty much always let the mod adjust mine, then play around a little until my hits are at their peak. Probably a little less coil/cotton life, but I'm fine with that. However, I can't stand a weak hit lol.

But the mod doesn’t adjust it. It reads it. The only way to adjust it would be to cut a bit off the coil. What you’re doing is giving the mod the wrong value for the resistance of the coil.

Why not just turn the watts up?

Honestly sometimes with these mods, you can let the mod adjust it but your hits will be weaker than if you changed it by .005 or .01 or so. At least in my experience. I pretty much always let the mod adjust mine, then play around a little until my hits are at their peak. Probably a little less coil/cotton life, but I'm fine with that. However, I can't stand a weak hit lol.

you know what this is like ..... saying "I don't like cars that feel slow" and adjusting the speedo to read 40mph when you are really doing 60mph..... and then going "It feels really fast for 40mph"

Honestly it's nonsense.

What would be the reason to want to adjust the ohm reading? I don’t see a possible situation where a person could read the resistance more accurately than a machine...?
Quick example: I have a prince with a .12 ohm on my mag, and no matter what I did it kept reading it at a .15, therefore, this change helps me correct the ohm readout.

Quick example: I have a prince with a .12 ohm on my mag, and no matter what I did it kept reading it at a .15, therefore, this change helps me correct the ohm readout.

No, that’s not correcting it. It was sold as 1.2Ω but the actual resistance of the coil is 1.5, like your mod is telling you.

If you buy a 1l bottle of water and empty it into a measuring jug, and the jug says it’s 0.8l, it’s not that the jug is making a mistake and needs corrected.

I actually found out how. Just have to lock it and then hold the up or down button to adjust the ohm.
To answer your question i actually needed to adjust mine. Every so often even with the same tank and coil my mod would ask me if it’s a new or old atomizer and i had accidentally selected new. So my coil was running a .338 ohm

The only way i could get it to change was to put on a new tank and it’ll show up, that was super inconvenient. So learning this helped a lot

Back
Top Bottom