What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help with DNA200 charging.

Chris K

Vendor
Hi all,

Received my first DNA mod this morning, a Lost Vape Halcyon.

Bought used as just can't buy them new anymore and was the one I wanted.

I'm having some charging issues, basically it won't charge! Have a minimum amount of power in the batteries but I've tried two separate cables, tried every USB port in the laptop and tried a wall plug. Nothing. It connects to escribe just fine.

I've attached a pic of escribe.

Is it something daft like I'm using wrong type of cable or is it basically knackered?

Posted up on the Evolv forums but seems a touch dead over there so thought I'd ask some knowledgeable apes.

Thanks.
20170818_111433.jpg

@Tubbyengineer is your man but I had a halcyon.. First it used to take up to 3 seconds for the lightning bolt to appear on the screen on mine for some reason AND have you used the white cable that comes with the Halcyon? Mine didnt like other cables too often for some reason..

@Tubbyengineer is your man but I had a halcyon.. First it used to take up to 3 seconds for the lightning bolt to appear on the screen on mine for some reason AND have you used the white cable that comes with the Halcyon? Mine didnt like other cables too often for some reason..

Thanking you, hopefully @Tubbyengineer will shed some light.

The lightening bolt appears for less than half a second then vanishes sometimes and other times nothing at all. Unfortunately I don't think its the original cable, I've tried two different ones with no success... Might have a couple more I could try...

Edit*
Five cables now including two that came with my XStar 6 bay charger... still nothing...

Last edited:
Thanking you, hopefully @Tubbyengineer will shed some light.

The lightening bolt appears for less than half a second then vanishes sometimes and other times nothing at all. Unfortunately I don't think its the original cable, I've tried two different ones with no success... Might have a couple more I could try...

Edit*
Five cables now including two that came with my XStar 6 bay charger... still nothing...
Could be something or nothing in your escaribe settings, I remember mine being a mare at one point for some reason...
Steve will be along soon after he has finished his pies

Looks as if the battery pack has been over discharged - nominal voltage on a li-po is 11.1v, 12.6v fully charged and 9.6v fully discharged. Yours is showing as 4.88 which is twice as discharged as it should be. I don't know a lot about li-po packs and whether external charging could resurrect it? But Tubby will know.

Looks as if the battery pack has been over discharged - nominal voltage on a li-po is 11.1v, 12.6v fully charged and 9.6v fully discharged. Yours is showing as 4.88 which is twice as discharged as it should be. I don't know a lot about li-po packs and whether external charging could resurrect it? But Tubby will know.

I hope it is just the battery and not the board, simple to buy a new battery if it is.

Now done a hard reset and performed a USB Charge Recovery, still nothing. Person I bought it off did say she hadn't used it for a while. May have killed the batteries off.

Unfortunately I've never had a LiPo Mod before, can tell you everything and anything about 18650, 26650 etc... but LiPo... I'm useless!

It's the batteries

At 1.6v per cell they are well below over discharged.

Probably best to replace the battery after it's been that low anyway, some revive functions might get the battery back up and running but it would be slow charge usually around 0.1 amp or less

It's the batteries

At 1.6v per cell they are well below over discharged.

Probably best to replace the battery after it's been that low anyway, some revive functions might get the battery back up and running but it would be slow charge usually around 0.1 amp or less

That settles it then. Nothing else I need to do today now so I'm off out battery hunting. Thank you.

That settles it then. Nothing else I need to do today now so I'm off out battery hunting. Thank you.
I use hobby King UK for my lipo's, best to check what's in the mod both capacity and size wise as the packs vary quite a bit.

An example could be turnigy 1300 mah cells come in sizes from long and thin to short and thick and how it's attached might be worth checking aswell as you can find a pack with the right connector (usually either xt30 or xt60)

Back
Top Bottom